Ender's Game?????? (1 Viewer)

Yusrah

hey there peoples,
i was just wondering if there is anyone else that is using enders game as their source text for changing worlds...?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
as in this years year 12? ME!!! :)

or the yr 12 about to come in? not me :(

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
IN the year 12's about to come in me!!

I am reading through it now and l'm about 1/2 way through...what do you think of it?

I like it, it makes me think differently about things....

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I was wondering if anyone has done it, what we have to do for it in class.

Yusrah

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
as in this years year 12? ME!!! :)

or the yr 12 about to come in? not me :(
this years year 12....how did u find the book?

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
its a pretty ok book.. good for changing worlds

the area of study texts dont really matter, since u need to talk abt 4 of them which is only like 300 words each max..

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I got it to read over the holidays, l've read about 200 pages. Its realy good so far. l'd like to know what exactly in this book that will be in the HSC, like techniques and language?

Thanks.

I like the book because its a different life, l think of the Battle School as a camp that goes on for years and years!! The Battleroom l think of as a room with padded walls and floors!

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
We did it this year... it wasn't a bad book as far as English texts go, I got a bit sick of it but it gives a fairly good range of ideas to write on. All in all I didn't think it was a bad text to study. Good luck to those doing it next year! :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i really liked it when we were doing it, and it is awesome for changing worlds, but now im kinda sick of it (great, considering im going to have to write all about it in a few weeks ;))
when you read it, look for various changes. the three most obvious ones are social, language and technology, but there are also others, like political and *i dont know, cant be bothered thinking anymore*
always be on the lookout for possible sources of extra material. i suggest getting a manila folder, and putting all your extra material in there. if it is a newspaper or something, cut it out, and write all about it on a fresh bit of paper, then staple the two together. if it is a movie or something, just write all about it

OMG..Im so dying to tell you how it turns out in the end, its kinda weird, but it will spoil it for you..Hurry up and read it, then tell me what you think!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i really liked it when we were doing it, and it is awesome for changing worlds, but now im kinda sick of it (great, considering im going to have to write all about it in a few weeks ;))
when you read it, look for various changes. the three most obvious ones are social, language and technology, but there are also others, like political and *i dont know, cant be bothered thinking anymore*
always be on the lookout for possible sources of extra material. i suggest getting a manila folder, and putting all your extra material in there. if it is a newspaper or something, cut it out, and write all about it on a fresh bit of paper, then staple the two together. if it is a movie or something, just write all about it

OMG..Im so dying to tell you how it turns out in the end, its kinda weird, but it will spoil it for you..Hurry up and read it, then tell me what you think!
wow, thanks jess! Your a legend!!

l'm reading it as fast as l can!!

What type o newspaper artciles...when l read the newspaper, l don't see anything relating to this book :confused:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel

What type o newspaper artciles...when l read the newspaper, l don't see anything relating to this book :confused:
well (although its prob a bit early to get newspaper articles you will actually use for the hsc-they like them to be within a yr old) you really need to decide what sorta changes you wanna talk about..like, me, i talk about social,technological and communications/language. but say you were talking about politics..well you could try and find something about bush vs hussein..or technology..my god, theres lots on technology, phones, computers, satellites, rockets, etc..social could be some human-interest story (maybe like that woman that left her 2yr old alone for 19 days in america)
i found it really weird at first because i tried to get stuff that was exactly the same as in the book..but, i mean, your hardly going to find newspaper articles on the battle room or buggers or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)