• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eng Adv. Module A half yearlies! (1 Viewer)

mandariin

HSC
Hey,

Our schools given us two essay questions to prepare for our half yearlies and on the day theyre choosing one for us to do on the day, so we have to prepare for both of them ...the only problem is, i dont understnad what either question wants!
so any help will be appreciated! :]

the questions are:

1) you have studied two texts composed at different times. When you compare these texts and their contexts, how ws your understanding of both texts been developed and reshaped?

2) IN comparing your two texts you will have become aware of how the contects of the texts have shaped their form and meaning. Of more interest, prehaps, is a comparison of the values associated with each text. To what extent has this point of view been your experience in your study of exploring connections or texts in time.

theyre both a bit similar but i have no idea what theyre asking for! whats the difference between both questions? =/

ilikebeeef

HSC
Oh my god. They actually give you the question(s) beforehand?? Lucky!!

Both questions are easy and incredibly general questions, and mean pretty much the same thing - how the texts affect each other in your view.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
1) you have studied two texts composed at different times. When you compare these texts and their contexts, how ws your understanding of both texts been developed and reshaped?

2) IN comparing your two texts you will have become aware of how the contects of the texts have shaped their form and meaning. Of more interest, prehaps, is a comparison of the values associated with each text. To what extent has this point of view been your experience in your study of exploring connections or texts in time.
You guys are the luckiest ppl on earth :cry:

1) Is how reading the Second text helps understand the first text, and vice versa (Whats the similar content in each, compare them and the times in which they were written).

2) Pretty much it's how you've become aware of the time the texts were written in by reading the texts, and how both of them are similar/different etc... and rest is same as 1)

Last edited:

AmieLea

HSC
but thats cheating :( i'm jealous... though our ext eng did that in our yearlys for the prelim :)

gesh17

HSC
N/A
but thats cheating :( i'm jealous... though our ext eng did that in our yearlys for the prelim :)
Ha, we managed to convince our Ext Eng teacher that we didn't need an exam but rather should just hand in an essay and a creative. :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)