Eng Ext assessment task- HELP! (1 Viewer)

fallingapart

I have an assessment task coming up and have to prepare a seminar that is 5~7minutes long. This is the question:
Explore a transformation/interpretaion from 2 different contexts discussing the values, attitudes, and beliefs in the 2 texts. Refer to techniques in your discussion.

This is due in week 9 n i didn't even choose my texts yet!!
Can someone please please suggest something, anything?
I'm really lost and desperate!! I can't do taming of the shrew cos we're currently studying it in Eng Adv. and I'm trying to avoid dracula if possible cos dis girl who's the top of the whole grade
is apparently doing it :( but you can make any suggestions or give any information relevant, even dracula! maybe i'll be encouraged n hopefully pluck up the courage to give it a go :)

So could you PLEASE help me? I'll REALLY appreciate it!!;)

HSC
Pride and Prejudice / Bridget Jones Diary :)

There's a miniseries you can watch for P&P if you don't have time to read it, and apparently it's quite similar to the book. And BJD is hilarious and everybody should read it immediately.

Alaranth

You could do Pygmalion. That's what we're studying at the moment. It goes Pygmalion (Greek myth), Pygmalion (Bernard Shaw play), My Fair Lady, Funny Face, Pretty Woman, plus a myrid of other stories and stuff.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
a good one is little red riding hood and freeway... freeway's not common but you should be able to find it in a video store... it's MA but it's still pretty graphic but, so you might be iffy abt it... another red riding hood one is 'the company of wolves', it's freaky shit :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein / movie interpretations of both (James Whale's 1931; Kenneth Branagh's 1997)

We did that.

sabgas

HSC
Do Dracula!

Hey i honestly think you should do Dracula ... because there has been endless appropriations of Dracula ... i think Francis Ford Coppola's 1992 Dracula with be great to compare with (even tho its rather B grade ...) anyhoo, Dracula is essentially about the rapid change in values, attitudes, institutions and beliefs forced to changed drastically in the Victorian age .... force of modernity - there's a reason y the smartest girl in ur yr is doing it, coz its a good text!

Need help, as me!

Peace Out!

Igor

HSC
N/A
ok, as opposed as i am to help with assessments without getting paid--

Frankenstein (the book) // Mary shelly's Frankenstein (Kenneth brannagh, the film)

I have notes i could post up, and my evaluation of the transformation. HOWEVER you will have to wait till saturday at least for this.

OR
I suggest that you go to the video store and find a video you know is based on a book and then find the book. this way there willl be no searching around for a video after spending hours and hours on the book.

Frankenstein is relevant 2day also; the whole idea of a "created being" is as much cloneing and test tube creation as it is stealing body parts.
Brannaghs movie is a really bad version of the book and difficult to watch if you have an aversion to screaming women (as i do) but the transformation is interesting.

another suggestion is hamlet and "rosencrantz and guildenstern". both plays, the second by Tom Stoppard. it's from the Absurdist genre so it's a bit weird, but really interesting.

good luck.
have fun.

Last edited:

BabyKat

Katti_Love
HSC
hay i duno if dis will help yoo, but Othello, the shakespeare play and O the movie. O is a modern day Othello, they are really good comparative texts, hope it helps :D

BabyKat

Katti_Love
HSC
hay i duno if dis will help yoo, but Othello, the shakespeare play and O the movie. O is a modern day Othello, they are really good comparative texts, hope it helps :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)