Eng @ USYD (1 Viewer)

13yrsWASTED

......hey people,im in the midst of choosing courses to send them in to UAC. im in yr 12 this yr.....i know that i want to do Project managment ...or a close course, though im not sure which uni to pick....i am contemplating either USYD or UTS.....ideas and help in choosing will be greately appreciated...thankyou.....tell me why USYD would be better ......sell it too me :p thanx

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i got a friend whos doing project managment at usyd and he's loving it at the moment - although he hasnt got into the nitty gritty stuff yet

but its a good sign

does uts offer project management degrees? i didnt know that

anyway, i had the same dilemma as you last year; i had no idea which uni to pick. i was offered a scholarship at uts, but i refused it and chose to go to usyd instead

one of the main reasons why i chose usyd was because, well, the enginnering place and lecture rooms and stuff are not as dark and gloomy at uts... i did workplacement at uts and i know what its like..

did my research and usyd engineering graduates are more saught after than uts, and even get paid higher first year
i think the stats were $44g for uts, and $50g for usyd first years

and i spoke to the mechatronics lectures from both unis, usyd were better, and i also looked at their lab and workshops, usyd have better equipment and machines...

but yeah uts has better computers...

but yeah... i dunno let me know if there are more delemmas, but yeah, just go to the uni and look around and talk to them on the open days - the enviroment is very important - u cant work in an environment which u dont feel comfortable.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
USyd is better. I have proof, UTS sucks.

Hence USyd rocks.

In FOPA (First Order Piano Arithmetic)

{(USyd)} : USyd
{(Rocks)} : Rocks
{(USyd),(Rocks)} : Rocks (Extra Assumption)
{(Rocks)} : USyd => Rocks (Implies introduction)

Hence, USyd rocks.

Adam

HSC
Hehe, confuse them into thinking USYD is good. Good on ya! :D

Winston

HSC
I think by far USYD, is the best, i mean sometimes yes, good equipment is good, you didn't see me choose UTS because they have fantastic computers, i mean thats not gonna greatly impact my degree and work, however USYD is well known for reputation and i mean furthermore, it doesnt really matter at times what uni you come out of, but its ALSO good to hold that reputation that you came from, i mean obviously the name of the uni helps you at a little portion but the rest if up to you and what you make out of it. However i don't like UTS, to me, it's just not really uni like, and it's a patched up uni sort of thing, just a shitload of buildings, and offering courses which they know students like, i mean BScIT, no maths for computing? Seriously, even though i hate maths, i dont agree that no maths at all for a computing degree is good, since computers were after all built off mathematical logic.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i agree man, like i said before, the engineering block at uts is so gloomy and sticky...

theres no real light, its dark, and smelly, gloomy and has a grummpy atmosphere... you cant work in that kinda environment man

famunlau

1337crapxor
therefore come to USYD!!!.....
Although why some of the engineers at Usyd wear UTS gear I have no idea...

13yrsWASTED

you know what guys...thanx alot for ur time....dats it....im in....usyd is the way for me....my bro goes there....he dose eco and social sciences.....i been a few times wit him to uni....i luved it.....and d people are so much bette rthan uts people......uts people suck..they didnt even reply to my post after 13 views..how nice is that.....that alot guys....u help me choose which uni i wanna go to....ur great...hope to see ya all next yr ;)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahah yeah come join the bos society!!!
:p

u have to buy us donuts when u join tho :p

MoNNiE

HSC
hmm..
Originally posted by tooheyz
yeah i agree man, like i said before, the engineering block at uts is so gloomy and sticky...

theres no real light, its dark, and smelly, gloomy and has a grummpy atmosphere... you cant work in that kinda environment man
haha somewhat true..! but then i always study within the classrooms..which are nice and bright :uhuh:
i want grass!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)