• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Engineering Salaries? (1 Viewer)

Bedi999

HSC
1.Hey Guyz! I'm really interested to know how much averagely mechanical engineers would earn per year

2.Also if you are a graduate with a mechanical space degree at usyd would you be earning more than normal mechanical degree?

3. Lastly do you think mechanical engineers/ (space) are well paid in comparison to other engineers?

P.s I know it's not about salary its about doing what you like. I'm interested but curious to know their salaries.

Thankyou!

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
1. Depends where and how competitive - around $55 000 - $60 000 starting. Depends on the job as well - it may not be a directly mechanical job but you would use aspects of your mechanical understanding to do the job. Jobs like quality assurance/control, project management, maintenance etc. would be some examples of where you could have studied mechanical engineering but not be in a mechanical engineering role yet still use aspects of mechanical engineering.

2. No. Firstly, where would you be working? If in Australia, your chances of finding a 'space' related job is close to nil; if overseas, then it wouldn't be the degree that is the differentiator, rather you and your contacts. If you are talking about a 'mechanical engineering' job that doesn't involve space, then you would be no different on face value.

3. Refer to 2.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
All that the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Space) degree does is replace a subject pear year with a space related subject in order to give you a foothold in the space industry. It helps if you're looking for a space-related job, but doesn't harm your chances of getting a job that normal Mechanical Engineering grads would go for. Honestly, you probably wouldn't even go into the space industry after graduating with that degree since there's no need for space engineers in Australia. I'd do it if I could though, the subjects look incredibly fascinating!

Edit: Oh hey, we're both doing nearly the same degrees. Might run into you now and then

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)