• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

engineering science? (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
why on earth did they put the word "science" after the word "engineering" ?

i was looking for engineering/law and all i found was engineering science/law :confused:

are they the same? please tell me so :D

i wanna think like an engineer in watever i choose to do in life. sounds reasonable :uhhuh:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes UTS offers the combined Bachelor of Engineering Science/Bachelor of Laws degree, which is based on the B Engineering Science degree (which is a shorter version of the normal BE degree). If you do the shorter degree by itself, it is only 3 years, however it is not professionally recognised. Same goes with the combined degree. This course is 5.5 years at the moment, which is a long time already, but good for an Engineering and Law combination.

If you have a look at the link below, it says down the bottom, it says:
"Students wishing to obtain full recognition as graduate professional engineers have the option of completing a Bachelor of Engineering with an additional one year of study."

In other words, you can "delete" that Science part off your degree and get a BE/LLB in 6.5 years full time (which is a mightly long time!, but if you're really keen its fine).

Hope this helps!

Handbook link: http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/law/ug/c10136.html

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
ok, but i read in the uac book that its recognised by the institute of engineers.

i see where ur getting at with the additional 1.5 yrs, u do it to get a diploma in enginerring practice right? no probs.

i think ive scraped my engineering ambitions already, my mind is a rack at the moment.....
ive got a few days to confirm what i wanna do.................catchya later

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I'm not too sure how it works. Best to ask the uni if you are really considering this course.

Well good luck with your course decisions! Remember you can always start off in the LLB course at UTS and then add on Engineering later if you change your mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)