• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Engineering studies predictions / thoughts (1 Viewer)

HscAddict1111

HSC
Maybe im the one one that does this subject but any predictions??

Hopefully it will be similar difficulty to last year's paper

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
Maybe im the one one that does this subject but any predictions??

Hopefully it will be similar difficulty to last year's paper
For Engineering Studies in the HSC, based on past trends, the exam tends to include questions covering both theoretical concepts and practical applications. Last year’s paper was considered balanced, with a mix of straightforward and challenging questions.

Here’s what you can expect based on past years:

1. Core Topics: You will likely be tested on fundamental engineering concepts, such as mechanics, materials science, and fluid mechanics. Make sure you have a solid grasp of formulas and applications for things like stress/strain, Young's modulus, moments, forces, and beam analysis.
  2. Historical/Current Engineers: These questions often require knowledge of the contributions of specific engineers or innovations in engineering fields. Understanding the impact of different branches of engineering (civil, mechanical, aeronautical, etc.) is important.
  3. Case Studies: Be ready for questions about engineering materials, with an emphasis on properties and applications of different metals, polymers, and composites. Recent innovations in materials science may also be covered.
  4. Design and Problem-Solving: There’s often a focus on understanding how engineers approach design challenges, optimization, and sustainability in modern projects.
For the best preparation, focus on practicing past HSC papers and questions, especially under timed conditions. Based on previous patterns, the exam shouldn't have major surprises but could emphasize emerging technologies or more complex problem-solving in the practical questions.

PRX

HSC
Didn't know there was a dedicated place to make these threads before I made mine, oops

I also think there would be a bit more mechanics questions this year. Also, is the general consensus that the engineering HSC has gotten a bit easier over the years? Dunno why tho since they all run on the same syllabus since 2011

HscAddict1111

HSC
Didn't know there was a dedicated place to make these threads before I made mine, oops

I also think there would be a bit more mechanics questions this year. Also, is the general consensus that the engineering HSC has gotten a bit easier over the years? Dunno why tho since they all run on the same syllabus since 2011
yes its gotten less specific, like you don't have to memorise key properties of specific material, just its role

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)