English Advanced Paper 2 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

KingTings

HSC
Paper 2 was a bit of a drag for me xD.
I didn't continue the excerpt from Mod C but rather just used the concept in the stimulus.
The Mod B essay question surprisingly wasn't too bad but I'm not sure how well I engaged with the question.
The Mod A essay was meh, I don't really think I responded well enough to "to what extent" as the only form of judgement I stated was the word "undoubtedly."
Anyways, I never have to touch another technique or creative every again, cya hsc english.

De.Broigle

HSC
Paper 2 was a bit of a drag for me xD.
I didn't continue the excerpt from Mod C but rather just used the concept in the stimulus.
The Mod B essay question surprisingly wasn't too bad but I'm not sure how well I engaged with the question.
The Mod A essay was meh, I don't really think I responded well enough to "to what extent" as the only form of judgement I stated was the word "undoubtedly."
Anyways, I never have to touch another technique or creative every again, cya hsc english.
They don't really care about the to what extent from what I understand. Just saying throughout (If you agree) is fine.

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
They don't really care about the to what extent from what I understand. Just saying throughout (If you agree) is fine.
I hope so. I've never considered the addressing the 'to what extent' in questions.

TeheeCat

HSC
Paper 2 was definitely better than yesterday, which surprised me.
Module A had a nice question, though I wished I made a more specific thesis and linked back to question. So I can't really say I smashed this one rip. Module B (T.S Eliot) screwed me over since the key idea of spiritual experience is the very topic I studied the least.... I made sure both Hollow Men paragraphs (strongest link to the key idea, thank goodness I revised quotes for it yesterday!!!) were written down. Unfortunately, my panic made me forget Journey of the Magi quotes so I had to use Preludes....

Module C, I'm glad they gave us a choice. Decided to do imaginative but because I'm terrible at coming up with creative plots, I just focused on the evoking emotions part (picked confusion and unease since it was easier ahahaha). Ended up with this bizarre, vague story where I'm counting on the vagueness + techniques to give its intended effect. I also wished I balanced my time out more between the sections, my part b) ended up being pretty superficial and rush but got down the main points.

thinkinboufuture113

HSC
i keep thinking back to mod c and how rushed that reflection was.
Did it actually say the word "reflection" in the question or did it simply ask for us to compare the use of language? I did compare well giving quotes from both texts, however I didn't really talk about how my idea came about because I was more focused in asking the compare part of the question. Also I didn't even refer to the extract in part b although I did clearly use it in my creative. :confused::confused: how much of an issue will this be?

max1234567

HSC
i keep thinking back to mod c and how rushed that reflection was.
Did it actually say the word "reflection" in the question or did it simply ask for us to compare the use of language? I did compare well giving quotes from both texts, however I didn't really talk about how my idea came about because I was more focused in asking the compare part of the question. Also I didn't even refer to the extract in part b although I did clearly use it in my creative. :confused::confused: how much of an issue will this be?
Reflection is talking about choices you made from part (a)... seems part a asked to 'continue'/'use' the extract, you would almost definitely need to reference both your MOD c text and the extract to the choices you made in order to evoke emotion. I used the book to continue on from the extract and made it a motif that acted as the characters memories that 'changed his world/' ' perception of the world.' - linked it back to Nam Le's text as well as my piece used her description of the My Lai massacre to craft the 'memories' of my characters past.... but seem as this is the first time anyone has done the new syllabus, anything is possible...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)