English Advanced Powerplay Essay (1 Viewer)

Paktastic

HSC
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, and I'm not sure if I'm placing it in the right thread but I've just received a powerplay essay assessment task in English Advanced where we have to write about Shakespeare's Antony & Cleopatra and two related texts of our choosing.

I've chosen Terry George's film, Hotel Rwanda, as one of my texts, but the problem I have is that I can't find a suitable text (that is not a film) that shows sexual powerplay as in Antony & Cleopatra.

If anybody could help me find a text that would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hotel Rwanda is such an awesome movie. We watched it as a time filler at the end of Yr 9, but I don't remember it having sexual tension. =\

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Off the top of my head: Cruel Intentions, Hard Candy, Audition (Japanese). They're all pretty focussed on sexual powerplay. Although the first of the three is questionable in terms of just how 'meritorious' it would be as a supp text; try the latter two.

Paktastic

HSC
Thanks.

Hotel Rwanda doesn't have sexual powerplay but I'm using the text for political and military powerplay. Yeah, I thought it was the greatest movie I've seen. 10/10 for sure.

And is Hard Candy and Audition films? Because we can't use more than one film. And I'm already using Hotel Rwanda.

We only have a week and a half to do the assignment and memorise it so that we can write it in class. Usually the teachers give us 3 weeks but I dunno what happened here.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
les liaisons dangereuses; the book from which cruel intentions was appropriated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)