• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

English and the uai (1 Viewer)

goobabanasik

person
HSC
ok so i was ranked 18/70ish

AND say i go really bad in the exam... and i get say the 50th highest score in my school.. then anyone knows wat happens???

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
well u came 17th... if u get 50th positin in the HSC... for your aligned internal mark u get whoever came 17th in the HSC exam at your school, you get there mark for your aligned internal.. but u get ur shitty 50th placed mark on ur HSC moderated mark...

in other words... its ok to go crap in the hsc.. cuz whoever beats u, your gonna get there mark anyway for ur aligned internal assessment...

but bear in mind... english is the discrepancy in the UAI calculation as the whole state 61,000 students or so do english and this is a good comparison for them when calculating your rank...

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
shit man, im gana get bad in english....ay so then what mark does the guy that came 17th actually get???

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
wrxsti said:
shit man, im gana get bad in english....ay so then what mark does the guy that came 17th actually get???
well if you dont know how u get ur results... its like this....

Exam Mark Assessment Mark HSC MARK perf. Band

exam mark is what u get for the HSC exam.. this is your mark for that exam.. so he's coming 17th in school ok... he gets whatever mark he gets for the HSC exam... and in this case he said he may come 50th, so whatevr that 50th position mark is he will get it...

Assessment mark... this is different.. this is calculated from your internals ok? and what happens is that.. lets say he bombs out and comes 50th int he exam(like he said) but his original rank is 17th... he gets the mark of who ever came 17th in that exam and they average this out with your INTERNAL mark do get an aligned mark... but for his exam mark.. he gets his 50th position mark.. which is shit... and then what they do is for the HSC mark... they average your EXAM MARK and ASSESSMENT MARK... and from there they get your performance bands....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)