English Assessment Remark (1 Viewer)

sumthingreal

HSC
N/A
Hey guys whats the best possible way to approach a teacher if i want to get one of my english assesments remarked??

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys whats the best possible way to approach a teacher if i want to get one of my english assesments remarked??
I've had personal experience with this, and I've appealed students' work.

The key is to be respectfully aggressive and everything you say is to be centered on the criteria and the teachers comments therein.

Remember that going from a hypothetical 8/15 to 10/15 is easier than going from 12/15 to 14/15.

You can be a bit of a smart ass since all assessment tasks should be completed by this time, so they can't bias you in anything.

Come across as knowing what you're talking about and that the mark is an inaccurate reflection of what you composed.

Last edited:

sumthingreal

HSC
N/A
Hey thanks for input. i got 9/20 for the assessment hopefully i can get at least 12/20 from the remark. Also i have a whole week free this week cus my trials finished last week. Do you think i should confront the teacher this week or wait until school starts again for me next week...thanks

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey thanks for input. i got 9/20 for the assessment hopefully i can get at least 12/20 from the remark. Also i have a whole week free this week cus my trials finished last week. Do you think i should confront the teacher this week or wait until school starts again for me next week...thanks
See him ASAP (this week).

sumthingreal

HSC
N/A
So im planning to ask the head english teacher tmr. 'Hey miss i have reflected the comments on my mark and have compared it to my friends's responses and i believe that my marks have been unjustified. Can i have a remark on this assessment?' Do you think this is good approach to the teacher?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
So im planning to ask the head english teacher tmr. 'Hey miss i have reflected the comments on my mark and have compared it to my friends's responses and i believe that my marks have been unjustified. Can i have a remark on this assessment?' Do you think this is good approach to the teacher?
NO. This approach will stimulate a common response(s) "that's just your perception", "you don't have the experience to back that up" etc...

9/20 is a low mark. It is thus naturally easier to increase the mark. What you're basically going to do is point out pieces of your essay that satisfies the higher criteria, of which you didn't receive. Keep referring to your work, boasting it, saying "I'm conflicted over this because I've made an insightful analysis, yet you've given me a basic analysis." (or whatever the criteria says). Then, ask for a remark (usually by two teachers). Because it is a low mark, they will more than likely give you two marks upon remark. Just be compelling in what you tell him, don't refer to other people because that's easily countered and make sure you come across as someone who knows what they're talking about. This will help to maximise marks.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
At my school, papers get double marked so that assists in avoiding discrepancies. In your situation it may be ideal to get a secondary perspective from another English teacher. Generally in English it is harder to gain marks following the conclusion of the marking process. BOL though.

sumthingreal

HSC
N/A
She wasnt here today at school dam :( ill guess ill go to her next monday wen school starts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)