• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

English Ext 1: What the hell?! (1 Viewer)

longtusk

HSC
Just a quick question:
Can anyone tell me why the heck EE1, being a ONE unit course, has about 100 times more work than any of the other two unit courses I do (Math, Chem, Japanese etc)?
Also, I heard somewhere that the EE1 course has an element of creative writing in it. Really? If this is so, then why haven't I been told a single thing about it?
I think I hate English Extension but I want to do Extension 2 next year, so I can't drop it D: but I think it would really improve my mark if I could. The truth is, I suck pretty bad at EE1, the work doesn't interest me, and I can't be bothered to study hard, so its pretty much doomed to failure, but I think I could do alright in EE2.
Does anyone know if there's any way around this? T___T

Sofstar

HSC
hi longtusk. I love EE1 and for me it's not as much work compared to other subjects. My first assessment this year was a creative writing task, so i dunno.......
EE2 is totally different from EE1, it's a more independantly directed subject where it's up to you to do everything. EE2 is a major work, so you don't have an end of year exam for it.....yeah i don't know what you're asking anymore.

cFsHirLz

HSC
I agree that EE1 is a lot of work, but personally, I find it more interesting than AdvEng. It's easier too, which also puzzles me.

I'm under the impression that all subjects of English have creative writing in them.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hmmm what are you doing in Ext 1 at the moment?

In year 11 I did The Heart of Darkness... not sure what module or what it was, but yeah we did a whole lot of stuff based around Colonialism and evil ... he he he

I love it :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
In the HSC your exam is half critical and half creative you can never avoid the creative ascpect of english. Even in EE2 you must you creativity in any piece of writing even in a critical major work you must use something that isn't blase and create a hybrid essay.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)