• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Extension 1: Finding a Marxist and/or Feminist Reading of Dorian Gray. (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
I have to find a Marxist or a Feminist reading of Dorrian Gray. I've looked for an hour yesterday, and around 45 mins today, and guess what. I can't find one.

So i ultimately need a Marxist/Feminist reading of Dorrian Gray. If you would simply supply me with one, or point me in the right direction, all efforts would be appreciated.

As a second preference, if you could find an article/essay/anything on 19th Century Literature, that also would be appreciated, as i was told that if i couldn't find a reading then i was to find something on 19th century literature. But suprise, suprise, i can't find that either.

All efforts would be appreciated and a reponse consisting of nothing but utmost gratitude will ensue. Guaranteed.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I doubt you're going to find much, I don't really see much connection between feminism and Dorian Gray which is more about homosexuality when you look at it that way.

Do you have any access to databases like Muse? If not, try searching this article "Recent Studies in the Nineteenth Century" by Kate Flint in Google and see if that might work for you. You can PM me for a copy if need be.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
It would seem that i'm going to have to ask you for a copy via PM.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
No. It just has to refer to 19th Century Literature as a whole so that i can refer it to Dorian Gray.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Tulipa said:
Hmm okay. I'll use my uni password to hunt around the databases a bit. There's some REALLY intellectual and long articles that I'm not sure you'd want to use.
Its worth a try. It'll be a great read at the very least.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Tulipa said:
Try searching for something with Gothic Fiction. That's the generally accepted genre for Dorian Gray and as such you might get more hits that way.
So am i to assume that you are unwilling/unable to supply me with a copy of Recent Studies in the Nineteenth Century?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
It's not relevant. It's criticism of the recent studies done by people on the nineteenth century. It had a promising opening paragraph but really doesn't relate to the nineteenth century, it's more about the current research being done.

I've searched around but I can't find anything that would really relate well.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Tulipa said:
It's not relevant. It's criticism of the recent studies done by people on the nineteenth century. It had a promising opening paragraph but really doesn't relate to the nineteenth century, it's more about the current research being done.

I've searched around but I can't find anything that would really relate well.
Alright then, thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)