• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Extension 2 and Visual Arts (1 Viewer)

Porcia

HSC
Alot of people do both don't you reckon... discucss

HSC
N/A
I did both EE2 and Textiles in my HSC year, so I know where you're coming from.

The important thing is to keep track of what you're doing. With creative art projects a lot of people tend to work in "stages" when inspiration/motivation strikes them, and a lot of the time this can be fine as you work best at these times anyway (so it's efficient by all definitions). However, sometimes one project gets toooo much priority and the other gets left behind in the dust - as time goes by, the "problems" with that MW become bigger and scarier in one's mind and one then avoids working on that MW - which only makes things worse.

The best thing in this situation is to have someone on your back, ensuring both projects are given an equal amount of priority. Sometimes the discrepancy can be scarily big (and this happens sometimes, I'll admit - eg materials due back at a particular amount of time, deadlines etc) but so long as you have a solid PLAN and goal for when a particular "chunk" has been completed (it's all about short-term goals and completion) you should be ok. :)

gorgo31

HSC
They're two very labour intensive subjects, but if you're clever, you can see the links between them. My friend explored the same concept within textual form in English Extension 2 and in visual form in Visual Arts and ended up with two state rankings. If you did both, I'd use the opportunity to your advantage.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
gorgo31 said:
They're two very labour intensive subjects, but if you're clever, you can see the links between them. My friend explored the same concept within textual form in English Extension 2 and in visual form in Visual Arts and ended up with two state rankings. If you did both, I'd use the opportunity to your advantage.
Are you actually allowed to do that? Because I was always under the impression that you couldn't have any crossing over between two major works you submit.

HSC
N/A
I think you're allowed to do it, but what you study in one can't already be constituting a significant portion of the other.

Most people play safe and do completely different things.

gorgo31

HSC
Glitterfairy is correct. The Board is more concerned that kids are using a significant amount of the same content for the major work of both subjects, eg. submitting their Society and Culture PIP with some modifications as their English Extension 2 critical response. Indeed, I have been told that the BOS were very concerned about this particular occurence at the marking centre in 2005. I don't think there would be any problem if you explored a broad concept in two different forms in different subjects.

chrismund

HSC
well theres only two people, me included, that do both subjects from my school. i think its great if people are interested in writing as well as visual arts, shows a fair bit of diversity in creativity and expression

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I'm an EE2+ Visual Arts student too.

It does cross over a fair bit depending on your concepts, like my concept of Ophelia for art, corresponds with the Shakespeare topics in normal english, and maybe my EE2 work has some elements of Shakespeare in it also...so I guess it all interrelates somehow, somewhere.

I gues if you were doing abstraction in art and poetry in EE2 that could cross over also.

Eh there's me and another girl doing both art and EE2 at my school i'm sure.

J

jhakka

Porcia said:
Alot of people do both don't you reckon... discucss
Yes they do.

What exactly is the question? Good on Lynn, Evan and gorgo for commenting, but the thread starter didn't really post anything that can lead to a long and fulfilling conversation without the help of members like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)