English Extension 2 Scaling (1 Viewer)

dichotomy

HSC
Like the rest of the HSC 2005 cohort I've devoted much brain power to contemplating the fate of my marks under the daemonic scaling process. However, I can't get my head around what will happen to English Extension II scaling. Obviously its a challenging subject (hence scale up???).

My assessment mark is 50/50, rank 1/17 and I'd like to anticipate that my final mark and rank will also be high. BUT.... what happens with scaling?

For example;

Student A gets 48/50 (pretty good mark... they get scaled up... works well for them).

Student B gets 50/50 (even better mark... but there's no where to be scaled up... they may as well have got 48???!!!????)

Can anyone please clear this up for me?? How does scaling benefit the student who gets 50/50 in comparison to student A??

Thanks xxx

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
The best advice I can give is ignore scaling and do as well as you possibly can. Spending your time worrying about scaling will mostly likely not help you get a better UAI. Worrying about something you can change, like your exam mark. The better you do, the less scaling will impact your final marks and UAI.

And like sikevio said, 48 doesn't scale up to 50. The only way to end up with a 100% in most cases is to get 100%.

I_F

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)