English + Japanese Tutoring in Hills/Parramatta/Epping Area (1 Viewer)

swifti.gte

HSC
N/A
[FONT=&quot]I am a newly graduated student from James Ruse Agricultural High School class of 2009 and am offering tutoring for the HSC and Preliminary courses in English (Standard and Advanced) and Japanese (Beginners, Continuers and Extension). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I received an estimated ATAR of 99.45 as well as ranking 1st in Japanese Continuers and 8th in English Advanced in the HSC trials.

Having just completed my HSC exams, I have a deep understanding of and comprehensive notes geared particularly towards the new syllabuses in English Standard, Advanced and Japanese Extension which came into effect in 2009.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
$30/hour at my Baulkham Hills residence or $35/hour at a public library or your residence provided it is of reasonable travel distance. Group rates are also available.

Please feel free to PM me or contact me at 0425-341-276 or 9686-4753

Feel free to read on if you are interested in the specific ways I will help you in each subject.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IN ENGLISH:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For my HSC, I had studied the following texts, although I am willing to read your text (should it differ from mine) and help you better your understanding of its link to the module.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Belonging: The Immigrant Chronicles[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Module A: Frankenstein and Blade Runner[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Module B: Hamlet[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Module C: The Justice Game[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I can help you by:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]teaching you about and helping you identify literary/filmatic techniques and their effects in your texts[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]enlightening your understanding of the module and what the markers want, thereby increasing your mark[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]providing you strategies by which you can structure your essays and efficiently answer the question to maximise your mark[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]marking and correcting essays you write to help you improve[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]provide you detailed notes on your texts [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]help you search for and analyse related texts for your module
    [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]IN JAPANESE:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many students feel that the workload for Japanese is excessive compared to other subjects, especially considering that Japanese is definitely not a subject for which you can cram. They also find it difficult to master all the components of the Japanese syllabus including reading, writing, listening and, most frightening of all, speaking. Having experienced all of this recently, including learning the frightening new syllabus in Japanese Extension, I can thus help you by:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]providing various strategies to help you remember vocabulary and grammar points (the base upon which you must build your Japanese skills)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]teaching you the many different writing styles required by the syllabus, including what sort of grammar would be the most appropriate, how to set out your writing in boxed paper, marking and correcting any practise tasks you give me and providing you with sample answers I have written and had marked.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]giving you ideas for answers to the often challenging questions you must answer in Japanese Extension writing and speaking tasks[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]providing you with and going through comprehensive notes on Spirited Away's film techniques and language features[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]giving you tips for listening, speaking and writing tasks, e.g. how to structure your answers and efficiently use grammar to maximise your marks[/FONT]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)