English Language, Japanese, Philosophy - 99.95, 3 Premier's Awards, 4 raw score 50 (1 Viewer)

hannahhg

HSC
My name is Hannah Gould and I am offering tutoring in VCE English Language, Philosophy and Japanese for 2013-commencing year 12 students.

I have just graduated from a Bachelor of Arts with majors in Linguistics and Anthropology and a Diploma of Languages in Japanese from The University of Melbourne on full scholarship.

I am an experienced tutor that is passionate about passing on all the techniques from my VCE experience and developing engaging ways to teach material that leads to long-term retention and a deep understanding of the subject.

I spend the first session of tutoring analysing the study plan, assessing a student’s weaknesses and creating a personalized strategy of revision for the entire year. Students will have access to all my notes, practice essays and practice exams used in VCE. I keep up-to-date with all new revisions to the study plan and constantly refresh my materials.

I offer both one-on-one sessions and group revision sessions, either at my apartment in the Inner-Eastern suburbs, or in the CBD at the City Library or University of Melbourne Library.

Please note that I will not be doing home visits in 2013.

My Academic Background:

ATAR 99.95
Graduated 2008 Dux of The Mac.Robertson Girls' High School (selective entry school)
Australian Students Prize 2008
Premier's Awards - English Language (2007), Philosophy (2008), All-Round
Achiever Award (2008)
National Scholarship to The University of Melbourne

VCE Scores
TOP 4:
Japanese - 47 (rounded to 52)
English Language- 50
Psychology - 50
Philosophy - 50
Increment:
University Enhancement Japanese - HD 5.5
English Literature - 4.8

Experience
I have been tutoring ever since completing my VCE studies in 2012.
Most of my students have achieved +45 study scores in my subjects.

Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts (Linguistics and Anthropology) (Unimelb)
Diploma of Languages (Japanese) (Unimelb)
Victorian Certificate of Education (The Mac.Roberston Girls' High School)

RATES:
$50 an hour for individual tutoring. Group tutoring rates available on request.

Via email only at hrhgould@gmail.com

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Re: English Language, Japanese, Philosophy - 99.95, 3 Premier's Awards, 4 raw score 5

I am an experienced tutor that (who !!) is passionate about passing on all the techniques

RATES:
$50 an hour for individual tutoring. Group tutoring rates available on request.

Via email only at hrhgould@gmail.com
--

hannahhg

HSC
Re: English Language, Japanese, Philosophy - 99.95, 3 Premier's Awards, 4 raw score 5

Notes to all: English Language VCE is a descriptivist not prescriptivist course :)

Also, I have always thought that the distinction between animate and inanimate referents in the selection of pronouns for relative clauses is an unhelpful and artificial distinction in a language (English) with a pronoun system so completely devastated by its adoption of the Anglo-Saxon rather than Latinate system of pronoun distinction- don't you think?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

By the same token, should we then not also do away with the artificial and unhelpful distinction between 1 and "more than 1" (there are no annoying concerns with the singular and the plural in many languages)? And the many other annoying grammatical artifices derived from the Latinate system? Which parts do we take apart? Which do we keep?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)