English Lectures at the Wesley Conference.. (1 Viewer)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
.. anyone go to it?

i know, should've made this thread before asking if anyone was going.

For those who went, how did you find it ? Valuable, waste of time/money? etc

bbychocoholic

HSC
went to one for Romulus, My Father where the author himself was speaking + some other guest speaker.

where he was talking = really good, interesting, lots of additional lil information that wouldn't help all that much in the essay but helped with understanding the novel.

the guest speaker was a lady and tbh, not that great. a lot of ppl walked out during her lecture. we stuck it to the end but i think a lot of our girls tuned out.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I went to Frankenstein/Bladerunner and Speeches. I didn't pay for it, the school did so that's not a factor =P

Overall, pretty good especially for Frankenstein and Bladerunner where they showed video and lots of notes there - by the end, a student like me who hadn't known much about the film (I've already read the book) now had this vast knowledge of it just from that lecture - and I count that very well. Speeches was good but it was basically repeating the obvious.

forward

HSC
Frankenstein and Blade Runner was great.. Lots of good quotes and really in depth analysis, especially with The Eye and Nexus. Both guys really knew what they were talking about however the second one focused mainly on Frankenstein.

Raimond Gaita wtf okay i'll just read excerpts from my book I want my $20 back lol
Woman after him lol massive walls of text on the powerpoint but decent info I guess.

kaha167

HSC
i went to 3: yeats, pride and prejudice and wag the dog
wag the dog was excellent - felicity was great, the american guy not very helpful in terms of hsc and understanding the module
the other two were informative but they didnt tell me anything i havent learnt/knew already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)