• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Standard/Advanced - Read :D (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Something that i've noticed is that alot of people, are scared off by advanced, because schools just dont give out enough information on the scaling early enough.

If people knew, that english standard is one of the worste scaled subjects you can do, people wouldn't do it.

I see alot of smart, capable people, being scared off by the word 'advanced' when they are easily capable. I Think this is sorta an important thing, that schools need to remember to tell people, cause i've got alot of friends that are.. very smart, but didn't know about the scaling till too late and now are stuck in standard, when they could easy to advanced.

Anyway, just wanted to hear any thoughts/comments on this, i could be very wrong.

^___^
HSC
as yr 12...

its too late to think or be bothered by issues of 'scaling'...

atm, we should focus on getting the best reuslt possible...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
the only reason why advance gets scaled so good is because people are scared to do it! and advance english has all the top peope....that's why it scales good!

if it had more crap people then the scale would be crap

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
with subjects......everything is hard if u dont know it...if u know it..then it's easi..hence nothing ot be scared abt... i just picked the maximum ones....and yeah... i coped with it perfectli fine...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Standard and Advanced are scaled in exactly the same way.

They're just not 'aligned' in the same way (i.e. different raw cut-off marks for each band). But this has no effect on UAIs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)