• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English standard tutoring (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
Can someone recommend me an English standard tutor for year 12? Thanks

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I once bought the online course, It's like watching a grown person reading the notes word for word, so damn repetitive- The resources are the only things you can benefit when doing their eng courses.
english in group tutoring centres are mid (i've seen the matrix courses for english and i have a book for reading to write a person gave to me; i like the sciences there but english is just horrid). just go private with someone, preferably someone with english qualifications or someone who got high marks in english (97+). also good if they took higher levels of english and got high marks there, not just advanced in my opinion. a lot of tutors who usually teach advanced are able to modify their teaching styles (if they have to) for standard, but a warning is that beyond the common module they haven't studied your texts, but to be honest they can also fix that as well (as they're probably used to teaching adv students who do different streams of texts.)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
english in group tutoring centres are mid (i've seen the matrix courses for english and i have a book for reading to write a person gave to me; i like the sciences there but english is just horrid). just go private with someone, preferably someone with english qualifications or someone who got high marks in english (97+). also good if they took higher levels of english and got high marks there, not just advanced in my opinion. a lot of tutors who usually teach advanced are able to modify their teaching styles (if they have to) for standard, but a warning is that beyond the common module they haven't studied your texts, but to be honest they can also fix that as well (as they're probably used to teaching adv students who do different streams of texts.)
Do you know where I can find a private tutor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)