English Study (1 Viewer)

Craigw0w

HSC
Hey all,
It's only 10 days until the HSC English exam, and I haven't really been looking at anything regarding english. Instead have been focusing on Physics, Maths and ext1 maths.

My marks regarding those 3 subjects are fine, 80+.
My biggest down fall is English. (about 65 in standard :\).

How do you guys go about studying/preparing for english and finding the motivation to do so :\

chels777

HSC
the best thing to do is do as many practise questions as possible or at least plan responses to them so that way your brain gets used to interpreting questions and knowing what to write about. Memorise the examples which you know you can deconstruct the best and relate to almost any question. for inspiration maybe listen to some music or reward yourself with food after you finish an essay

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
Write out a generic essay for each module & one for the belonging paper.
When I say generic, I mean... Do not answer any question, Instead eleborate on the MAIN ideas of your texts, and of course reinforce them with techniques/effects.
Make sure you memorize them... After you have memorized them, Attempt to write thesis's on various HSC questions and learn to mould them to your generic essay.
Honestly, the ideas of your text will always remain the same, the question will ALWAYS want you to bring forward the ideas of your text. Attempting various HSC questions is something that should've been practiced a while back ago.
Goodluck mate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)