English Tutor Syd: get full marks, learn the things your teachers didn't tell you (1 Viewer)

eng tutor 2010

HSC
Experienced and dedicated English Tutor with extensive experience in teaching HSC, School Certificate and High School students in Sydney.

All previous students came from Sydney's top schools. All students have achieved 90+ in their English HSC Marks.

I will help you in the following areas:
  • Belonging: creative writing, responding to unseen texts, finding related texts, textual analysis
  • Identifying and discussing techniques from a variety of genres
  • Essay construction: how to construct a succinct and persuasive essay that will work in any situation
  • Genre writing: how to write in a variety of textual forms and how to get full marks for them
  • Specific modules: talking about the concepts presented in your module using high level academic language, helping you understand the rubric
  • Exam preparation: drills, practice exams, time management
Pricing

Range: $45 per hour, negotiable depending on duration of lesson, number of participants, location. * Please note: discounts apply for small groups of 2-4.

Location: at a mutually agreeable location, my residence, yours or a library

Contact Method:

Email: jyua0513@hotmail.com

OR Please leave me a message on this website.

Last edited:

jellyy

HSC
N/A
you can't spell.
complementary should be COMPLIMENTARY......

eng tutor 2010

HSC
?? Sorry mate, I have no idea why you're posting here.

Anyhow, last tutoring time slot left, Friday afternoons in the Hornsby area (only limited to 1 or 2 hour lessons as I already have other students that day).

eng tutor 2010

HSC
Re: English Tutor Syd: get full marks, short HOLIDAY COURSES

I am now offering short holiday courses targeted towards Year 12 HSC English 2U Adv Modules during the school holidays. Each session will be 2 hours and is intended to cover everything you will need for your specific module:

1. All conceptual and theoretical aspects: explaining the rubric, highlighting key ideas, understanding what the markers want and what goes in a 13-15 response

2. Essay construction and structuring: how to structure and argue your points succinctly, persuasively and logically

3. Technical analysis

4. Expression and writing style: providing useful tips and guides as to what is the most effective way to communicate in your writing and during the trials/HSC

5. Exam preparation: sample drills, sample questions, unseen texts, time management skills

6. Creative writing: composing texts in a variety of genres just in case you don't get an essay question in the exam

As trials are coming up, I believe this is the most effective and efficient way for students to consolidate their knowledge and develop their understanding to the next level.
It is envisioned that students will only need one session per module, as each session is self contained and is planned to give students everything they need (in terms of understanding, ideas, skills and vocabulary).

For details about pricing, location and which modules are offered, please contact me via email.

Last edited:

eng tutor 2010

HSC
In response to a few popular questions I have received:

1: Do the sessions include essay marking?: yes, you will be required to send your essay to me 2 days before we meet. This ensures that I have adequate time to look through it and see where you are at.

2. What was your result in the HSC?: I received 50/50 English 4U, 48/50 English 3U, 96/100 for English 2U. UAI: 99.85.

Although I don't think one's HSC results are absolutely indicative of one's ability as a tutor, I appreciate why students want to know.

3. What will happen at these sessions?: the sessions are individually tailored to your learning situation, so it depends on where your strengths and weaknesses are.

You will be required to complete a pre-session assessment (emailed to you before we meet). This needs to be sent to me before the session starts so I have a better idea of where you are at. Obviously the structure of the lesson will reflect what you need to do (whether it is finding related texts, polishing up your creative writing, structuring your essay or fixing up the expression errors).

4. Will you write my essay FOR me? No

random-1006

Banned
HSC
In response to a few popular questions I have received:

1: Do the sessions include essay marking?: yes, you will be required to send your essay to me 2 days before we meet. This ensures that I have adequate time to look through it and see where you are at.

2. What was your result in the HSC?: I received 50/50 English 4U, 48/50 English 3U, 96/100 for English 2U. UAI: 99.85.

Although I don't think one's HSC results are absolutely indicative of one's ability as a tutor, I appreciate why students want to know.

3. What will happen at these sessions?: the sessions are individually tailored to your learning situation, so it depends on where your strengths and weaknesses are.

You will be required to complete a pre-session assessment (emailed to you before we meet). This needs to be sent to me before the session starts so I have a better idea of where you are at. Obviously the structure of the lesson will reflect what you need to do (whether it is finding related texts, polishing up your creative writing, structuring your essay or fixing up the expression errors).

4. Will you write my essay FOR me? No

lol at number 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)