English (1 Viewer)

Disssi

HSC
N/A
Within the located exam time, I’ve been only able to write a introduction, 2 peel paragraphs and a conclusion. Is that enough? My peels were around 200 words each.

how much do they expect you to write in an hour?

vishnay

God
HSC
Within the located exam time, I’ve been only able to write a introduction, 2 peel paragraphs and a conclusion. Is that enough? My peels were around 200 words each.

they better be very good paragraphs

p.s. u get, on average, 40 mins for each of the mods in paper 2

uniqueusername1

HSC

I'll be upfront with you that is simply not enough.

Yes I know quality > quantity. But, you need a decent amount of quantity for it to have some quality.

mikrokosmos

HSC
yeah at that plan you'd be doing 700w and not enough space to go into depth

icycledough

HSC

In 40 minutes, it really depends on your writing speed, but more importantly, the quality. Some people can write 900 quality words in an essay and are able to get their point across efficiently, whereas some people may write 1200 words but may be writing some 'waffle', which doesn't really add to their essay.

There could be a few reasons why this may be the case:

• Lack of practising under timed conditions (if that is the case, I'd advise starting that now)
  • If you are only able to get an intro, conclusion and 2 pagraraphs, your intro and conclusion could be too long (as a general cue, intro and conclusion should be 20% of your total essay (so for 1000 word essay, 200 words for both of those))
  • Writing speed (unfortunately, no one else can help you with that except yourself, maybe try experimenting different pens or different grips and see which works best for you)
  • Could be having 'blanks' when practising, which could equate to not being thorough with your essay (if you are going to memorise it) or your quotes/analysis (if you won't be memorising an essay)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)