Enrolment HELP! LANGUAGE?!?!? (1 Viewer)

baci

HSC
I am doing a Bachelor of International/Glob Studies and Laws at Sydney.

I am struggling to enrol in the correct language unit though.
I have chosen French Studies as my optional major and my understanding is that in Semester 1 (and 2) I undertake a unit of study worth 6cp of French, in order to major in it at a senior level.

However when I try and select my correct level which is FRNC2633: Senior French 9. Entry level B1+ - i can't.

I can only select Junior French units and the highest one is Junior French 5 - Advanced.
This particular unit says it is for people that got less than a band 6 in French Continuers and Extension... However I got 94 in Cont and 45 in Extension.

Does anyone know how I can enrol in FRNC2633? As it says I cannot yet?
Or do you think the Junior French 5 FRNC1632 is going to be okay for me?? to start off in?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I think the problem you may have is that your degree specifies that you must do 18 credit points (3 subjects) of language units. Most of the language departments distinguish between language units, where you are actually learning the language, and cultural units. In French, the language units are called things like "Junior French 1", "Senior French 8" etc, while the cultural units have more diverse names. If you start doing Senior French 9, the only other language unit you are able to do after that is Senior French 10, after which you can't go any further. So your degree may not permit you to enrol in Senior French 9 straight away because it recognises that if it does, you won't be able to satisfy the requirements of the degree. I can't say that for certain though, you'd have to call the faculty to find out.

Bonne chance, et j'èspere que vous aimerez étudier le français à l'université (I said that right didn't I? :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)