• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Equipment and Rhythm during jogging session (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

For those who haven't seen my other thread, I was the guy who wrote the thread 'getting tired after jogging 1 lap around the block'.

Anyways....I've been continuing my jogging sessions each day but in different times depending on the weather and if I'm on the mood.

So anyways...I'm not an expert on this jogging / running / exercise stuff so I have once again made a thread to find out answers.

Ok here's the thing, when I first started jogging around the block, I carry a very small backpack which contains 1 or sometimes 2 drink bottles. Now when I jog, this backpack would bounce up and down behind my back causing me to sometimes loose my rythm.

Now today, I jogged again but this time, I didn't bring the backpack because I couldn't be bothered to clean up the drinkbottles. So as usual I jogged around the block, and surprisingly, I found out that I had a better rythm and that when I finished one lap, I was less tired as usual. Although after doing about 3 laps, I was really thirsty coz I didn't bring any drinks.

So my question is....Do you guys bring / carry any sort of equipment when you jog? Does it distract your rhytm?

If it does, how do you manage it so that you can still jog /carry equipment at the same time without affecting your rythm?

Also, what kinda of rythm techniques do you use when jogging? Normally for me, I would move my arms up and down to get some sort of rythm happening.

I know this is a pretty long thread but any advice would be great.

Thanks.

:)

HSC
I carry a small drinkbottle when I jog (350 ml). It's good because it hardly weighs anything - I just carry it in one hand - and I don't need any more water than that because if you drink huge gulps whenever you need to, you get a stitch - small sips work much better I find and I don't need a huge drink bottle.

As for rhythm, I tend to just fall into one, and counting steps sometimes helps - if you count them in your head, they tend to become steady/constant.

I'm also a beginning jogger however so what I say is only from my limited experience!

HSC
cute.asa.button said:
I carry a small drinkbottle when I jog (350 ml). It's good because it hardly weighs anything - I just carry it in one hand - and I don't need any more water than that because if you drink huge gulps whenever you need to, you get a stitch - small sips work much better I find and I don't need a huge drink bottle.

As for rhythm, I tend to just fall into one, and counting steps sometimes helps - if you count them in your head, they tend to become steady/constant.

I'm also a beginning jogger however so what I say is only from my limited experience!
Thanks for replying.

Now I know why I always get a stitch! After 1 lap or so around the block, I would drink a lots of water. Now I'm just gonna drink small amounts...see how I'm so unexperienced about this lol.

Begginer joggers ftw! :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yyou should get a tight fitting bag if ur bag is ruining your rhythm

Lori.

HSC
I dont carry anything when i go running, except my keys. Try just having a huge glass of water just before you go out and maybe run a route where you'll pass bubblers, that's what i do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)