essay change gwen harwood (1 Viewer)

skool_angel

i have this essay about
"change through growth and knowleage is inevitable"
using 3 of gwen harwood's poem discuss the inevitability of change?

which 3 peoms do u fink i should use?
how should i start off???
:confused:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I loved using At Mornington: this poem takes you through several stages of life, thus showing how growth and knowledge has forced or influenced a change or come about as a result of change. It also had heaps of great techniques in it.

I also like using In the Park: its simplistic, yet there are several great techniques, you can see the persona reflected upon what they have missed out, and how having children has changed her life, from what well could have been a different path.

And for the third poem, Im tossing up between which one I think you should use. The Glass Jar and Prize-Giving relate to the question really well, so I think they would be a good choices, but you a lot of people will probably choice to do those too, actually all of the poem demonstrate it, maybe you could use Mother Who Gave Me Life because I know in my year, not a lot of people used that poem, and it helps if the marker is reading something fresh.

Father and Child, is a fairly long poem, and would therefore require a bit more of an analysis, otherwise it might seem like you dont have a whole lot of depth if you just skim over it.

For your introduction, it really depends on how your going to answer the question and which three poems you will use, cause your going to need to be able to link and contrast the three poems against each other to show or disprove the question.

Hope that helps let me know if you need more help.

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
I recommend Father and Child, because you can talk a LOT about it and therefore will allow the marker to see the depth of your understanding in the Area of Study. (you know, talk about the understanding of death in Barn Owl followed by the further enhancement of this experience in Nightfall)
Mornington is a good poem to talk about growth through the use of water as a piece of imagery to represent this.
Mother who gave me life, like Jessika said, is really good as it gives the marker something fresh to look at, and concerns the growing respect that the daughter feels towards her mother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)