Essays (1 Viewer)

Godly_Child

how many people answered question a?? Compliance - non - compliance???

and how many people did b?

i'm guessing everyone done b coz it was the broadest..

80% of students do the broadest question

i done a for consumer and family

who else did?

swisstruffles

HSC
yup i did compliance a) for family and global cos i had heaps of material for that...i was expecting a morality part as well or reform...by checking with the syllabus on what past Q's were, you can determine what parts they're gonna ask

Belinda

O_o
HSC
I did A for consumers and B for family. I would have liked to pick A for family but I couldn't think of much to right for compliance in terms of family law, so I stuck with the broader question.

adamj

I did compliance for family and for consumers, compliance was excellent in family to mention about AVOs and court injunctions and orders, while in consumers you would have had to mention compliance to obligations.

mememe

i can't believe how many people answered the compliance question. I looked at it and thought no way, i didn't know nearly enough! and evaluate the effectiveness is always so easy.

loke1

did the compliance question have to do with "does the law reflect the morals and ethics of socitiey, and if not why do people choose not to comply with the law" i wasnt sure, so i did b for both

dandaman

its more like analysing if the law is just.
like do the laws we comply with relate to justice for all?
really good for workplace because in some areas, complying with the law results in injustice for some. Im sure it works in other topics too?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I did both the b ones, didn't study compliance and non-compliance in enough depth.

mememe

Yeah i think you were on the right track. the good thing with that essay topic was it was so open, there is no "set guidelines" on it in the syllabus like for effectiveness of the law, so basically you could talk about anything if it related, and yours did.

Golani

this is very very very interesting, when i read the compliance question in the exam i didn't know what to write about it whatsoever!!!

Honestly, congratulations to everyone who wrote about it because i hold myself to know both consumers and family pretty nicely and i was just in shock from (a).....so gl and btw i'm sure you'll benefit from it because responses are usually compared to each other so if there's a smaller pool then it's easier to stand out and be pulled up :)

gl all

Golani

for family, i would say maintenance/court orders, child support agency etc.
for example (from my effectiveness essay). Despite of the introduction of the Child Support Agency (CSA) in 1984, 30% of children of separated parents do not recieve maintenance. Non payment of child support will be referred to the CSA, which will collect and enforce payments, garnish wages, interscept tax refunds and can even commence court action. Centrelink can also take a person to court upon failure to pay child support. Unfortunately, threatening with imprisonment parents who do not abide by court orders does not work: no payments can be gained from an unwilling person who is held in gaol....
Also, the Family Court cannot force parents to see their children nor children to stay in contact with their parents, which defeats the purpose of the Family Law Reform Act 1995 (Cth) etc...

And ADVO i would imagine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)