Ex. History, Is It Good? (1 Viewer)

jellybean8622

heya people
im thinkong of picing up ext. history next year and just wanting to see what u all think of it, what it entails, do u enjoy, is it difficult??????
i really enjoy history...ill c what u all have 2 say b4 i make my choice

Generator

HSC
N/A
It's great. It's not that hard, if you enjoy it, but just remember that it's not history but historiography that you're studying.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah i think its really interesting...

you look at the ways history has been recorded, and how various influences effected it and things like that... you also get to study a few interesting people.

the case study can be good... as long as your class chooses and decent one.

and obviously, for your assignment, you can choose an area which interests you - so if theres anything you have wanted to study, but never had the motivaton to, then heres your chance!

it's very, very good!

i think the most important thing is self-motivation - to understand histiography well enough (remember it's a university subject, and the project is supposed to be near that standard) - you need to do a lot of extra reading apart from ur classes.

if you're planning on doing drama, ext 2 english, or ipt/software keep in mind that the ext history project is another major project. but it's probably the coolest - u really can do anything that tickles ur fancy!!!

AND it makes ur 2 unit history much more interesting. not entirely easier, but more interesting - cos u will be thinking 'ooh, i wonder why that historian says that' all the time!!

it's v. good that you r thinking about it now - maybe ask ur teacher to see some current student's journals, or last year's essays, just to see what sort of standard ur school is up to

malayz_angel

Yeah it's pretty good--- I enjoy learning about the different historians and their viewpoints: but yeah, u also have to keep in mind that u r not studying actual history, u are studying what historians think about history and determining their bias...also, if u do it, here's a tip-- pick ur essay topic and research it asap and keep your journal'log really up to date. i haven't been and i'll be screwed if i don't do something quick. :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Its good but a lot of work for a one unit subject. You have to balance your time between historiography, your case study and your project.

malayz_angel

Are u going to have any free periods? Or will it eat into your time? See, for me, it worked out fine cos I dropped another 1 u subject and I get some frees but for a friend, she kept all her 12 units and tried to do 15 altogether and she nearly died.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)