• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Exam Situation (2 Viewers)

What would you prefer someone do when they finish

• Stay in the Room

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Leave the Room

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

stargater74

Couldn't find the right board - could a moderator please move it to the right board if such exists

What would you prefer someone do when they're finished during the exams - stay or go. I would prefer someone to leave because once they're gone they cant make any more noise.

Your opinions???

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
i'd prefer them to stay cos when they leave it would make more noise than if they just stayed there, plus if the person next to me left, i would think ok why are they leaving how could they have finished early and i think i'd panic a bit

Affinity

HSC
You should be too concentrated to tell the difference

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I'd rather they stay.

Everyone leaving would make me feel like leaving as well :(

Affinity

HSC
the only way some person could justify leaving early is getting 100 for the subject

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I imagine a situation like this would be funny.

In the Physics exams, the first question requires you do use the right hand rule. when everyone starts, the entire hall has students sticking their hands in weird positions and their thumb moving all over the place.

Supervisors would be totally WTF. hahaha

Affinity

HSC
I heard that joke n times from my teacher...

where 1/n tends to 0

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Yeah I vote stay, because people leaving makes me:
-Anxious to finish my paper, and painfully aware of the time
-Worry that I'm too fucking slow :p

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by FadeToBlack
Yeah I vote stay, because people leaving makes me:
-Anxious to finish my paper, and painfully aware of the time
-Worry that I'm too fucking slow :p
so true. couldnt be said better

Benno

HSC
in the trial exam there was one person who left every exam about one hour early, i swear i wanted to hit him when he said "why did i do so bad in the maths exam"
fuckwit

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
cheer up benno.
i'd prefer if everyone stayed, it kinda makes me feel insecure when they leave - as if they found the exam super easy and i'm still in there stressing. Them leaving just adds to the stress.

Bepps

I'm sorry everyone but i have to disagree!! I would rather the person just leave than sit around making sighing noises or clicking their pen or pretending to cough or moving their papers around or continuously squeaking their chair.
I also wouldnt be concerned that they had finished quickly and think that i was too slow - if you are doing the exam yourself you have a rough idea whether or not someone could actually finish it in 1 hour.
If they dont care about their marks, i would rather them go away than hang around and annoy everyone else.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
considering the spaces between tables, and the fact that it'll be really quiet..id rather heyd stay..we have to do ours with another school...as one person get up, the chair will scrape back, the tabel will move as they try to get out, their footsteps would echo throughout the whole exam room...did I mention that when they move, they might tip over the chair behind them and cause a chain reaction?...really there is a limited space in my exam centre. Id prefer them to sit and try to make noise, only to get dirties from supervisors and surrounding people:D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
theres a guy in my IPT class, and say we have a 3 hr exam, he will 'work' for about 30 mins of it, at the most, then just go to sleep for the rest of it.
provided they dont make any noise i would be happy enough for them to stay

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
Does it really matter? Don't you ignore everything thats around you when you are doing the exam? If it wasn't at my own school I'd be happy when then other people leave, because that means they are either very 1337, in which case I'll never beat them anyway or they are careless, in which case, my ranks: ^

tash

lalalala
HSC
i think i'd prefer people staying because i find it distracting watching people move around me- if they're still in their seats i don't notice them.

my fave experience of leaving exams early is in the civics school certificate in yr10 and you're allowed to leave after the first hour, so beacuse it was only a trials paper and didn't acutally count, nobody studied for it and so the number of people in the room gradually decreased until by the end of the exam there were only 4 people left in it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)