Exam Troubles (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Me and my friend were curious...In the exams not everyone does the same Modules, so will they have option questions?

E.G Choose 1 out of 4 modules to do an essay on (the one that you did)

Because not everyone can answer the same question, because not everyone has done the same module. e.g cloudstreet (which l won't do, but my friend will)

Thanks.

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
Have you seen the past examination papers for English? It would have a similar form as this year's...
They could ask a generic question eg 'How does image create personality?'
Or they could have specific questions for each text eg 'How does Josephine's perspective change throughout the course of the novel Looking For Alibrandi?'
They could also give you a statement in which you will have to talk about...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
look at past exam papers and you will understand it all. actually, DEFINITELY look at one now, otherwise u will be confused when u get there. download it from the board of studies

yes, at the endof the exam u will have done essays on your 3 modules

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, they normally have generic questions and (although this is true for my trial, im not sure about the hsc) if it is totally impossible to have a generic question, then, yeah, sometimes they have core specific questions

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Do they have (like they have for chemistry with options) a seperate section for each option...but in this case a seperate section for each module...like king lear vs cloudstreet?

EDIT: l had a look at the exam, and l can see that they have selections for you to pick from, which ever text you did.

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
let not your dirty mind influence your judgements.:p
I'm in the English forum, there's none of that in here ;)

Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
Do they have (like they have for chemistry with options) a seperate section for each option...but in this case a seperate section for each module...like king lear vs cloudstreet?

EDIT: l had a look at the exam, and l can see that they have selections for you to pick from, which ever text you did.
Yep, that was the case with the 2003 CSSA trial.

You had 3 modules, and within each module you had subsets or texts to choose from, to which you'd answer the corresponding question.

Make sure though, before you start writing, that you find all relevant questions (pertaining to your module/text) and circle them.

The last thing you'd want to be doing is answering a question on another text! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)