• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exams (1 Viewer)

CandE

HSC
How did everyone do in their exams? I got 1C 2D and 1HD. I was worried i wouldn't pass the intro to civil exam (apparently a lot of people didn't). I almost got a HD for that subject though.:)

dddman

Banned
HSC
is intro to civil easy, im doing it this semister...i switched majors to construction

CandE

HSC
dddman said:
is intro to civil easy, im doing it this semister...i switched majors to construction
I found it quite easy, however the exam I found a little challenging. The assessment was as follows:
5% Attendance at CivEnEx - Like the Royal Easter Show type thing for Engineers
5% Spaghetti Bridge Group Assignment - Build a bridge out of spaghetti and have it tested against other groups.
10% Attendance at Tutorials and Speech on a topic of your choice - The speech is done in your tutor group with about 19 others, so it isn't that bad as long as you’re prepared.
15% Surveying Assessment - You are asked to make plans for a new sewage pipeline in Victoria? Park. You are required to work in a group to do the appropriate survey fieldwork, draw up your plans to scale and cost your plan using the program provided by the lecturer.
15% Design Assignment - You are required to inspect, show the pros and cons and suggest improvements of a Civil or Environmental artifact of your choice. Artifacts could include a water tank, a stop sign or a round about. You will need to draw diagrams, take photos and bind the project into a folder. Mine was 20 pages long; however some were only 2 pages.
50% Exam - you must receive 50% or more in the exam and the subject overall to pass the subject. 2 hours.
Make sure you attempt your assessment tasks and don't leave your assessments up to the last minute and you should do well. And don't fall for the trap of giving people electronic copies of you assessment tasks. Someone was going around the library asking everyone for theirs last semester. I don't know if they ever got their hands on one though.
About 80 or so decided not to do the Spaghetti Bridge. Many didn't go to the CivEnEx or do the speech, and about 40 or so didn't turn up for the exam, which is probably why so many didn't pass.
Anyway the point is do the work and you should do well. I have heard the second semester is always a smaller group. First semester had about 200 people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)