• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exchange student (1 Viewer)

Sindre

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm currently studying in Norway and I'm planning on going to UNSW for my 4th year as an exchange student (Fall 2013 and Spring 2014). I'm currently trying to find what courses I'm going to take and I have some questions. I'm studying to become a civil engineer and in Norway the plan was to take at least 2 courses involving the final element method. I have no prior knowledge to it so I'm looking for a introduction course (hopefully for the fall) and then a intermediate one for the spring. So do anyone know of any courses? The only one I've found is Finite Element Applications - MECH9410, and it doesn't seem to be offered in 2013 at least. (Maybe for spring 2014?)

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you tried also looking at the courses offered by the Civil Engineering school? The courses are available under the CVEN course codes. You can also look at MMAN and MECH courses (though I assume you already have). Alternatively, you can try sending an email to the Civil Engineering school office, or to the Civil Engineering course coordinator (information here). Or perhaps even contacting the Mechanical Engineering school or the Faculty of Engineering.

From a quick glance, these courses seem vaguely related to what you're looking for:
CVEN4304 - Structural Analysis and Finite Elements, available in S1 (I assume this is the "Spring" semester?)
CVEN4308 - Structural Dynamics, available in S2 ("Fall"?)

You should check the course outlines for each course for a better description. You can generally find course outlines on the school's website, usually for previous years. For example, here is Civ Eng's course outlines for 2012).

Good luck!

Sindre

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the tips!

I've already checked out CVEN, and chosen some courses from it. I had already chosen CVEN4308. I have CVEN9820 in S1, but I'm not sure which is better of that and CVEN4308. I'm not sure if I got the prerequisites for CVEN4308.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)