• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Exemptions and RPL (1 Viewer)

loginxiii

HSC
Hello,

I've received and accepted an offer to study the BscIT course at UTS, and to my surprise, a few days ago I received a letter from UTS granting me 48 credits of exemption for C10148 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and 6 more credits of exemption for the subject "Introduction to Information Systems".

I'm a little bit confused about how these exemptions will work.

Are the 48 credits of exemption for BscIT applicable to any electives? Ie: do they just replace electives?

I've been having a close look at the course handbook and from what I understand, I can chose to do 2 majors, or 1 major with 2 sub majors, or 1 major with 1 sub major and 4 electives, or 1 major and 8 electives.

Would I have to do the last choice? One major and my exemptions cover 8 electives? Is that how it works? And if so would I be disadvantaged by doing a single major?

I'm also wondering whether I'm required to provide any more documentation to the uni to apply these exemptions or whether this has already been done, seing as the letter says that they have been "granted". I'm guessing they had access to the info through UAC anyway.

Finally is advanced standing the same thing as exemptions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)