• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Experience Through Language, Distinctively Visual (1 Viewer)

Facepaint

HSC
N/A
I am in need of some serious help with this assignment we were just given.
Heres the task

You are to select one short story from the prescribed texts by Henry Lawson. (For us it's, The Drovers Wife, The Loaded Dog, In A Dry Season and Joe Wilson's Courtship)
You are to select two peices of supplementary material from your reading and viewing. One must be a visual text and one must be a written text.

You are to explore and identify the ways images we see and/or visualise in texts are created.
You are to explain how the images are constructed and how they affect the responder's interpretation and shape the meaning of a text.
You are to explain how language of the text has been constructed and how it affect the responder's interpretation and shape the meaning of a text.
Your written response is to be 400-600 words.

I need help to break down and gain a full understanding of this question, as right now, i have no clue what the question is actually asking.
I also need help to find some decent sup. texts that are going to allow me to fullfill the requirements of the question.

This written task is going to form the basis of a speech.
I will need help with this too, seeing as it has to be in formal register and i need to include as many (relevant) metalanguage terms as i can.

I am seriously freaking out about this. It is due on the 9th of March and we were only given two weeks to complete it, but without an understanding of the question, me trying is hopeless..
Please help!

Sheridan

HSC Subjects:
Standard English
Chemistry
Ancient History
Music
General Mathematics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)