• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Explain the commmonwealth and domestic fees to me pls? (1 Viewer)

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
I know i sound like a dumb idiot but don't have any idea about the commonwealth support and domestic fees , how do they work and whom they r applied to ?
i m an international student, last year i have completed year 12 and got entry to medicine but didn't enroll coz of the full fees. ( i got, 98.99, good score in UMat and passed my interview and everything )
i will get my permanent residence visa end of July this year , so do i have to re-apply to the universities as a domestic student or commonweath student for next year enrollment?????/:confused:
BY the way how do i get commonwealth support anyway?
i have phoned the NSW education department about that but no response so far , SHit as , plus their phones are always busy.:( ,

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
commonwealth and domestic fees apply only ao australian citizens, so since youre an international student, you're ineligible for it
how did you get 98.99 as your UAI :confused:
if youre getting a permanent residence visa, i think you have to apply to UAC to try to transfer to CSP/DFEE
for commonwealth support, you must have a tax file number

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
Without Wings said:
There are 3 types of uni places:
- Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)
- Domestic Fee Paying Place (DFEE)
- International fee-paying (IFEE)
Each type is explained here on the UAC site.

btw you can't gain a uai of 98.99 as UAIs are awarded in increments of 0.05 :)
THANKS GUYS
sorry not 98.99, it's 98.90, my mistake,
(4 unit maths , physics , chemistry, Advanced english ) ohhhh:eek:
last year was hell , social life nearly died but again friends understood so wasn't a real problem ,
at the moment i m on student visa but will be parmanent residence soon end of July
this year since not going to UNi , bumming around , doing home schooling, doing two HSC subjects - society & culture and women studies (,through SA tafe) purely out of interest . Nice subjects enjoying them so far ...... love researching , and just to keep my self busy.:D
jobs-= still looking and got couple of interviews next week, can't work more than 20 hours :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)