Ext. 1 and PE (1 Viewer)

breeee

HSC
Does anyone have extension 1 and pe tomorrow?
I have no idea how I will make it :(

breezy262

HSC
I do! I've been doing pdhpe study since about 9am this morning... and going to do it until about 5pm, and then just spend the night until bedtime cramming and memorising quotes for extension english! I find that as long as you know your quotes, core ideas, and some theorists for extension, you can do well if you answer the question properly. I don't plan creative writing - i make it up on the spot so that it is right to the question, and so I don't have that much prep to do for ext except for memorising my quotes/techniques. and I'm going to do more cramming between extension and pd for the pd exam. Pretty sure my hand is going to be so sore from writing though :/

breeee

HSC
I do! I've been doing pdhpe study since about 9am this morning... and going to do it until about 5pm, and then just spend the night until bedtime cramming and memorising quotes for extension english! I find that as long as you know your quotes, core ideas, and some theorists for extension, you can do well if you answer the question properly. I don't plan creative writing - i make it up on the spot so that it is right to the question, and so I don't have that much prep to do for ext except for memorising my quotes/techniques. and I'm going to do more cramming between extension and pd for the pd exam. Pretty sure my hand is going to be so sore from writing though :/
Oh yeah :) that's about the same for me - have the two cores covered and just on to the options. I have my story but only cause I'm horrible at making them up on the spot but I've gone through all the concerns of the genre and can put anything in it really :) Are you doing romanticism?
And we're both bree! :D haha

taeyang

HSC
Oh yeah :) that's about the same for me - have the two cores covered and just on to the options. I have my story but only cause I'm horrible at making them up on the spot but I've gone through all the concerns of the genre and can put anything in it really :) Are you doing romanticism?
I am doing romanticism, it is good that you have memorized a story.. I have too ^_^ .. do either of you "Bree's" know how much theorists we need to quote haha I have a few, but my teacher says "You don't need any" which I thought was relatively strange.

maryroser

HSC
You need theorists but you don't have to go into thorough detail about all their thesis and stuff. they have to be addin something to your essay as well, so don't just name drop for the sake of it.

taeyang

HSC
You need theorists but you don't have to go into thorough detail about all their thesis and stuff. they have to be addin something to your essay as well, so don't just name drop for the sake of it.
I see! thank you very much.

breezy262

HSC
Haha yeah I noticed that! So funny that we have the same name! :)
And no I'm not doing romanticism... I'm doing Navigating the Global - kind of annoying since not many people seem to do it! Haha. But that's good, you sound prepared! I'm just going over one of my options for pdhpe atm... hoping that it'll be ok and be a nice exam! :/

breezy262

HSC
I am doing romanticism, it is good that you have memorized a story.. I have too ^_^ .. do either of you "Bree's" know how much theorists we need to quote haha I have a few, but my teacher says "You don't need any" which I thought was relatively strange.
My teacher says that having theorists incorporated into your essay will make it a lot more sophisticated and give you the ability to get a higher mark :) I have two theorists... and I don't go into any depth about it really. All I do is refer to the theorists name, and quote one-sentence from them that kind of relates to my overall idea :) And my teacher said that you're actually better off twisting the theorists words to suit your argument than not using a theorist at all :)

taeyang

HSC
My teacher says that having theorists incorporated into your essay will make it a lot more sophisticated and give you the ability to get a higher mark :) I have two theorists... and I don't go into any depth about it really. All I do is refer to the theorists name, and quote one-sentence from them that kind of relates to my overall idea :) And my teacher said that you're actually better off twisting the theorists words to suit your argument than not using a theorist at all :)
Hey, that is what I've done TOO! Oh well, my teacher is a STANDARD teacher after all.

helen14

HSC
Doing Romanticism too.. I only quote Wordsworth twice.. think it's enough?
Ahh currently attempting to commit the pe syllabus to memory haha good luck for tomorrow guys!

HSC
yeah my teacher reckons you should have a lot of theroists, as well as critics. Im doing romanticism, and there are a fair few quotes that can be used. And yes i do p.e as well, dono how im gonna get through it T.T

princerehan

HSC
I have two theorists... and I don't go into any depth about it really.
I have 11 theorists/quotes hahaha but then again I do textual dynamics so there's lots of philosophical ideas to support with theorists. :)

breezy262

HSC
I think I'm going to have to do some serious cramming in the 2 hour break between extension and pdhpe... haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)