ext 2.. recommend it or not? (1 Viewer)

bby

HSC
i'm thinking of taking up english ext2 as of next year.
for those who are currently doing ext2, do you enjoy it? if so/not, why?
do you know if its difficult to get a decent mark, say 40+ out of 50?

and lastly. would it be possible for me to start doing a creative piece say, nowish? (yr11 at present). so there'll be more time available next year, with one unit off my shoulders.. or at least less work to do, if i have most of it prepared prior to the hsc period.

LordPc

HSC
i'm thinking of taking up english ext2 as of next year.
for those who are currently doing ext2, do you enjoy it? if so/not, why?
do you know if its difficult to get a decent mark, say 40+ out of 50?

and lastly. would it be possible for me to start doing a creative piece say, nowish? (yr11 at present). so there'll be more time available next year, with one unit off my shoulders.. or at least less work to do, if i have most of it prepared prior to the hsc period.
it can be enjoyable or it can be a pain depending on what you pick so pick something you like and want to research.

its hard work but certainly within reach to get 40/50 if you do the work.

and yea, why not? you will in no way finish or be close to finishing before the hsc year actually starts however. EE2 is one of those subjects that you have never finished, it can always be improved. and when you think you are finished and stop working, you are screwed. but you definately get a jump on research and such but just dont expect to be finished months in advance and have one unit down 4 months out from hsc.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
i started mine in year 11, and got WAY ahead in terms of research etc. I'm doign poetry and its so fun, i love EE2. Go for it, if you think you can commit.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
I did Ext 2 and loved it because I got the freedom to choose to do whatever I wanted (which was great because I didn't really like the material in advanced or ext 1)... only word of caution is that it can be tedious at times and you will likely hit walls along the way because it's such a long time to spend on one thing alone so be prepared to get sick of whatever it is that you will choose and then hopefully fall in love with it again

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)