• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

EXt 2 workshop at Knox Grammar School (3 Viewers)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Sorry if I spelt Knox wrong.
I am going to the workshop at Knox, I think, though I have to go to Sydney for it, and that's a real bitch with our school rules.

Anyway, is anyone else here going to it?

Cicciolina

HSC
Ummm I think I'm going. It's only $40 I think anyway. I haven't heard any other opinions on how it is though.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
heh, Juliet, its more than $40 i think.

And the main author there is the Zusak guy. I dunno, i'm doing a short story, i can't think of a single thing I can learn from going to a workshop. You write, you'll do it.

although i STILL hvaen't started my 4u major work. god

m1nx

HSC
yup, i'm going. our teachers pretty much recommended it and i figured that anything that might have a chance of helping me sort out this very broad, pretty messy multimedia medium is worth a shot.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Our school is sending us down (i'm 99% sure) which should be good. I think we're going with the two other high schools in the area to make up a bus -

bty this is the one on may 30th isn't it? - never mind found it - its the 14th

Last edited:
J

jhakka

I'm going to the one on the 14th. That's a Sunday which is kinda uncool.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Word of advice: these session did shit all to help me and my class, they regurgitate the syllabus and offer little to no help in actually progressing with your work

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Some workshops are meant to be pretty useful if you go there with something in mind to ask the people running it. If you're just going to sit there and say 'yeah whatever', you won't really get much out of it... but if you're proactive then they're forced to answer you. :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by anti
Some workshops are meant to be pretty useful if you go there with something in mind to ask the people running it. If you're just going to sit there and say 'yeah whatever', you won't really get much out of it... but if you're proactive then they're forced to answer you. :D
i was pro active, none of the workshops i went to had any information on multimedia, one workshop in the city even charged us 50 bucks for them to recite the flaming syllabus!!!

i found the best advice from teachers, and people on here espeically this forum, i found out about all sorts of things, these workshops are rarely ever useful, althought there is the odd one, but yeah thats just my experience

Thomas_wow

im going, gonna be only one from my school goin (as im only one in school doin this course). should be good, will hopefully be drunk/hungover and it might enlighten me...

if you see a big guy with a mullet and probably a flanelette shirt come say hello o_O

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
Originally posted by Thomas_wow
im going, gonna be only one from my school goin (as im only one in school doin this course). should be good, will hopefully be drunk/hungover and it might enlighten me...

if you see a big guy with a mullet and probably a flanelette shirt come say hello o_O
haha! you'd be a sight to see wouldnt you? if your all drunk and hangover and crap... we'll see all these serious, concerned faces hoping that this workshop will really help out in a thing or two... then there'll be you... lol.... i'd definately come over and say hi!!!
haha....
if someone shouts "aLee Oh!!!!!"..... "WHOOOO HOOOOO" will be my response... lol..... got it?

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grey Council
heh, Juliet, its more than $40 i think.

And the main author there is the Zusak guy. I dunno, i'm doing a short story, i can't think of a single thing I can learn from going to a workshop. You write, you'll do it.

although i STILL hvaen't started my 4u major work. god
How much is it then?

Oh and, dw, I haven't really started mine either... does browsing the internet count? :p

chouboi

yeah im going, hope to meet some new people, even u guys here :)
wouldnt mind getting some contacts online to help and review each others works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)