• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

extended responses. (1 Viewer)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i thought the there were like two extended responses?
which enable you to do answer in various forms.

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
Section III is the report. They usually give you a scenario which you must relate your answer to if it asks as it says in the rubrix "use your knowledge and the infomation provided". It does't ask for you to use your own case studies but you can if you want, but really its just wasting your time.

Section IV is the extended response and if you read the rubrix, it says "uses your own knowledg and relevant business cast study/studies". So you have to use case studies for a band 6. Also this section doesn't have to be in report format, you could write it as an essay, altough using report format will help the markers see you answered all parts of the question.

maddison10

HSC
N/A
dingding said:
. Also this section doesn't have to be in report format, you could write it as an essay, altough using report format will help the markers see you answered all parts of the question.

ok if sum1 can clear this up would be great, i was always under the impression that extended response means essays, my teacher got pissed at everyone cause we didnt use colour/headings in our ext. response. We said but it was an essay.
So you can write the extended response simply as another report?? with headings, points etc??
i dont trust my teacher thats all
thankyou

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The board of studies hasn't defined what an 'extended response' is.
However as it is business studies, it is probably best to design it as a business report.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)