Extension 1 2011 Paper PDF File (1 Viewer)

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
imo, nothing earlier than Q5 should have given you trouble.
First part of question 5 seems very complex though in terms of the working required and would have chewed up your time.
The rest of question 5 was alright though.
Q6 looked nice, would have been happy with it
Q7a seemed like a bit of a bitch to be honest, quite difficult. But the parts afterwards seemed alright

Much like 4u this year, I don't think ciritcally thinking was an issue, but rather the time constraints

Nympha

HSC
First part of question 5 seems very complex though in terms of the working required and would have chewed up your time.
The rest of question 5 was alright though.
Agree. Q5 I had to stare at it for a while... a friend said for 5a(ii) you just had to divide by cos^2... fml.. argh. EDIT: wait a minute.. that doesn't work..

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Yeah, I'm looking at it from the perspective of someone who is not doing it in an exam situation, I imagine being right there doing it would have made it even harder.

However, I still think the paper was quite fair because each year tends to have their own "mindfuck" question. Its just got added emphasis this year because it was Q5 instead of Q7

D94

HSC
N/A
Its just got added emphasis this year because it was Q5 instead of Q7
Seems to be a trend this year, with 4U as well, and to some extent 2U from what I've heard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)