• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Extension English Post Modernist Related Material (1 Viewer)

Perveen

HSC
Hey

does anyone have any ideas of post modernist texts I could use for related material.......any films, or books or something?

Thanks

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I used waiting for godot, alex grey artwork and portishead for my related material. They seemed to go well with the module. But really, you should find your own related material and post threads like this in the extension english forum. :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
ANYTHING by Angela Carter.... God I love her

(pssst they're short stories, and they're really fun to read!)

Ummm....

There's a post about what you could use... but on the top of my head...

Adaptation by Spike Jonze
Being John Malcovich by Spike Jonze
Pulp Fiction
Shrek
Kill Bill 2
My Philosophy of Life by John Ashbery (weird poem)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Id suggest picking something fairly original. Movies like Adaptation, Shrek etc. are used by half the pomo candititure.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
absolution* said:
Id suggest picking something fairly original. Movies like Adaptation, Shrek etc. are used by half the pomo candititure.
That's true. I did Adaptation, knowing it was common, and Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice (not common). It's doesn't cry out postmodernism, but definetly postmodern aspects, and before you new year 12's go rushing at it, I picked it because of the combination of my texts... so WATCH OUT! lol.

And yeah, new year12's, the texts should come to you if you know your stuff. And people! You can choose a conventional text to compare! But I didn't do that....

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I dont know. I wouldnt choose a text to compare. If it was really necessary id just use DWM in that case. And your right about texts just coming to you. Once you get the theory down you see post-modernism throughout all facets of contemporary culture.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I loved BJM for Postmodernism, particularly because of the 'I loved you in that movie where you played the retard' and the 'Ive been very lonley in my isolated tower of indechiperable speech' quotations because I think they evidence postmodernism as a way of thinking well.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Your name is joy division, yet your avatar displays a picture of j-wess. Why does that seem wrong to me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)