Extension English Research Project (2 Viewers)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Is anyone else here have to do an independant research project for EE1 this term or has before? If you have could you please read my proposal.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I have sorta. We had to research the context of Orwell's 1984.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
marcquelle said:
nah we have to do a project where we have to compose a text, and do reasearch etc.
Nah, we didn't have to do that. That sounds complicated. =\

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Its a simple concept, like mine is the role of religion in vampire legends, but i have to use many sources, and in my case compose a story. I know i'll enjoy it but i just wanted to see if other people have to do something similar

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
marcquelle said:
Its a simple concept, like mine is the role of religion in vampire legends, but i have to use many sources, and in my case compose a story. I know i'll enjoy it but i just wanted to see if other people have to do something similar
Yeah, you're right in the sense that it is a fusion of difficult critical engagement and leisurely 'research' (reading online blogs for me).

I wrote out my research proposal (which is not on this computer), however i have attached my final reflection statement for the major work i handed in at the end of preliminary english extension.

If you are interested in studying English Extension Two, this critical piece is normally used to decide who has the potential to perform well in the rigorous Year 12 research and composition course.

I came first in the grade with 25/25 and it was photocopied by the teachers for the viewing pleasure of future EE1 students at my 'alma mater' :)

edit: i cringe when i read this now though

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Bobness said:
Yeah, you're right in the sense that it is a fusion of difficult critical engagement and leisurely 'research' (reading online blogs for me).

I wrote out my research proposal (which is not on this computer), however i have attached my final reflection statement for the major work i handed in at the end of preliminary english extension.

If you are interested in studying English Extension Two, this critical piece is normally used to decide who has the potential to perform well in the rigorous Year 12 research and composition course.

I came first in the grade with 25/25 and it was photocopied by the teachers for the viewing pleasure of future EE1 students at my 'alma mater' :)

Thats really good thank you for posting that. Thats really well thought out. Would you be able to pm your actual work for me to read so i can get a jist of what to do.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
marcquelle said:
Is anyone else here have to do an independant research project for EE1 this term or has before? If you have could you please read my proposal.
Yes we have to do a very similar task to this, it is considered preparation from students who want to do Extension 2 next year. We have 2 options. To either study a genre and texts in that genre then compose a written piece of our own or to research an author and study the genres the texts have being written in, relating back to features typical of that genre and similarities and differences in their texts.

So yes thats what we are doing all this term and I am inclining toward the first option and studying the psychological thriller genre. If not then I will study the works of Roald Dahl and look at some of his work for children but also his short stories which are written for an older audience.

bored of sc

HSC
Bobness said:

:jaw: That reflection statement is very good writing. The notions you explore are expressed through eloquent language, not to mention the ideas themselves are well justified/explianed through your discussion of language techniques. It deserved full marks. So why do you cringe? Is it intellectually inferior compared to what you are now capable of?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)