• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Extension English (1 Viewer)

princy

HSC
My Extension Exam is not until next week and it shouldn't be that hard. What are you studying?

princy

HSC
Interesting, we are doing the Socially Unacceptable and Values of Society. We have done Frankenstein, The Life and Crimes of Harry Lavender, Snow Falling on Cedars (film version) Sin City and another of our own chosing, in my case Catch Me When I Fall by Nicci French.

We do Apocolypse Now in Advanced as an ORM for one of the modules.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Well considering im just writing my essay for it now and I have four other subjects to study for, im pretty screwed. But can usually bullshit my way through Ext. exams so I might be able to pull it off.
As for the creative bit, Im screwed. Im good at creative writing, I just can never think of ideas on the spot, I like to have time to think about things. So I usually end up rattling out nonsensical babble.

Uh...how are we supposed to help you? When is it? Do you know what text/s are going to be in the exam? Have you written a practice essay?

anniea89

HSC
My extension Eng exam was this morning. It seems like you guys had to do way more texts than us.

The first part was on unseen texts- original and appropriation and we had to answer questions on them.

The second part was on Mrs Dalloway and The Hours (novel not film). It simply said write an interview with Michael Cunningham (author of The Hours). It was okay, but I didn't understand what I was supposed to talk about.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
good luck in your exam. :) we got an essay on postmodernism with some visual stimulus... some etching by pericles that i didn't quite understand, and the 'french lieutenant's woman'. we also did a 'hero's journey' story + essay about our story + le morte darthur, the once and future king, the lady of shalott, or monty python's the holy grail, and our own text. :confused: i probably failed. haha.

jessicajane

HSC
hey,
you guys must all be doing ext. in NSW, caue up here we have no exam for it. We do orals and essays, study base texts of our own.

cupcake08

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
He's studying the Nature of Evil, texts are Heart of Darkness, Apocalypse Now, The Hollow Man and The Crucible.
how hard is heart of darkness!!! i barely understood anything until i read the summaries afterwards:p

princy

HSC
I am actually only just starting to get the hang of creative writing, I am more analytically minded.

With our exam for the creative piece it will either be the opening chapter of a 'socially unacceptable text', the end chapter (given some information to work off), a scene from the view of a different character, or possibly a piece of our own using an image as inspiration. Personally I am hoping for it to either be a piece of our own or the opening chapter.

Chocolat

HSC
I had to study 'Heart of Darkness' also...I read in during the Christmas holidays last year and I was so lost...though it all made sense when our teacher explained it to us (very throughly may I add). It was an interesting study no doubt...but studying it for literally 3 terms alongside AN and T.S. Eliot was pretty heavy...

IceOnFire

HSC
I have to do three weeks of ext english hw next term before i can drop it..

NOOooOOoO!!!! :burn:

princy

HSC
That is just cruel, aside from that I love extension.

Anyone else going to the lecture/study day in Sydney in the 30th October?

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
What happens at this "study day".. like, is it just for english or what? Also, I haven't actually had my extension exam yet but I don't think I'll fail :>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)