• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

extension english (1 Viewer)

Someguy123

hey, i just had a quick question about ext. 1 english that i thought i would post up here! how many modules do u do in it? because our teachers said we would be doing CRIME FICTION so does this mean we just do crime fiction the whole year, or do we get to do other topics? thanks@

Someguy123

serious? okay thanks, i thought we may do thing from the other modules, ie like gendered language or something

have any of you guys done crime fic.? if so did u like it? and would u reccomed doing ext 1 next year if you dont like crime fic?

olay

HSC
i'm doing crime fic at the moment.... i thought i wasn't a fan of crime fic, but turns out i find its quite funky. why don't u give it a whizz for about a term and see if you like it or not?

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
crime fiction is alright except it gets a bit monotonous but thats the same with anything you study

juggernaut

HSC
yeh so true frodo
its pretty easy tho i reckon.. just gotta talk about conventions the whole time hah

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
God, I would HATE to do crime fiction. I'm just not interested at all in that genre and doubt I could learn to like it. We're doing individual in society and its not too bad..better than RTFG :p

Seabiscuit

HSC
We do Crime Fiction and its great! :) Except the text we're doing at the momet for it is Anils Ghost and boy thats a crappy book! I cant even finish reading it because it so boring.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by Seabiscuit
We do Crime Fiction and its great! :) Except the text we're doing at the momet for it is Anils Ghost and boy thats a crappy book! I cant even finish reading it because it so boring.
Damn... I was hoping Anil's Ghost was good =(
We're reading it pretty soon

Crime Fiction is okay.. I liked prelim better.. gothic horror! I wish we did that for HSC =(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i liked cf

you study it the whole year

you have 3 prescribed texts, so you speng about a term on each text and a term on whatever else your teacher wants.

while that seems like a long time, remember that it's a 1u subject, so you have 1/2 the time to do work in when compared to 2u eng.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"Don't even MENTION RFTG in front of me. :p"

Why? I'm looking forward to RTFG :p...
The naievty...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha, yeh, I watch tv with the excuse "it's post-modern! I'm researching so I can get full marks in the HSC!". it's all cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)