Extension Jap~ speaking (1 Viewer)

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i am freaking out so much about this exam! Anyone got any hints on how to do well? I'm having difficulty expressing my ideas in jap cuz a lot of the time when the teacher asks me something in Jap, i'm just like...."...err...." i know what she's talking about but it's just hard to answer on the spot if u know what i mean.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah its hard but my advice would be to write out some nice introductory sentences that you can memorise. practise rearranging sentence structures so that you can suit them to different arguments. you don't have to speak really fast, just take your time because accuracy is always better.
you can't beat practising questions over and over again until you get it. practising writing your notes within the time limit is also helpful

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
did u guys do the same issues we are studying this yr? i.e technology, group vs individual and overcoming personal difficulties.
if so, can u give me some ideas?? plz? my ideas seem so boring

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah we did the same issue. if you ask specific questions like "there should be more facilities for disabled people. dicuss" we may be able to help you better

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i just had my 1/2 yrly speaking the other day and i went a bit over 5mins!:mad: Do u think there'll be heaps of marks deducted???!!

O yeah...and is there any way to prepare for this exam. ?? cuz i just went in there without really preparing but i guess what i said was ok..

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
it depends on whether you were speaking for the full 6 min or so. if there were heaps of dead silences then maybe that would affect your mark. its better to have quality rather than quantity

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
hmm..... i tried to talk for most of that time
i guess it wasn't that bad then cuz the teacher said i made good points.

was there anyway which i could have prepared for this exam? memorising stuff? but the thing is u dunno what they're gonna ask u on the day

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by mushroom_head
nonono!......omg, i would've died if i did that...
as in i talked for about 6min or so for the 2 Q's
You'll be fine. If you don't sound like you're finishing up at the five-minute mark they just stop the tape and don't hear the rest, so in a sense you don't lose marks for going too long. You lose marks for not finishing. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)