Faculty of Law welcome same time as Engineering Welcome! Question is, which one? (1 Viewer)

Dota55

HSC
From 9am - 2pm the faculty of law welcome is being run on thursday...and 45 minutes later the faculty of engineering is hosting theirs. Both finish at 2pm, and since i'm doing engineering/law it seems that i need to decide on which one i'm going to attend.

I suppose the basis of said decision would be the information provided and the friends that i would potentially make on the day. I am far more knowledgeable of engineering than law considering that i never thought i would get in, and i've been on engineering open day tours and such.

So, questions:

• How are law students like? (personality wise...i'm expecting some that are ultra-competitive, snobbish, somewhat anti-social in that regard?)
  • What information do they typically present to students during the welcome? Also, how important is that information?
  • Thingo goes for 5 hours.....so this means tours i'm assuming?
  • Can anyone give me an outline of whats going to happen on these welcomes? (mabye there's certain parts of the welcome i've already seen before, and others i haven't...so i skip those and go between welcomes....mabye, i'm just thinking)
  • Am i right in assuming that it would be harder for me to make friends in law, seeing as though it may be more likely that all of them simply know each other from other selective/private schools anyway, and hence they'll initially consist of groups which'll be reluctant to accept outsiders?
I'll probably have more questions as i think of them, and i'll post them as they come to me.

Please answer, and i hope to see you guys at O-Week!!!!! :wave:

Last edited:

erm

HSC
Yeah the welcomes are pretty damn boring....i walked out halfway through mine.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I'd probably say go to the Law faculty welcome instead of the Engineering one. Besides, from what I've been told, if you're in a combined Law degree your "home" department is the law faculty and they control every single one of us until the end of our time at UNSW. Plus... it's probably better than the Commerce welcome... my god that was so boring and too many people were there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)