Fail MBBS Application ? (1 Viewer)

T

taketheredone

do you want to study post grad med ?
are you thinking of taking health related course ?
GO B. pharmacy

Not A Carrot

... And show your true dedication to health sciences by contributing to the pharmacist shortage in Australia.

Actually, if you are interested in post-grad medical courses, it would be more advantageous of you to study a basic science course (the first year subjects in pharmacy don't cover *all* of the ground that is required for the GAMSAT).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Regarding the title of this thread, I don't think it is wise to assume that your application has failed so quickly, since even the HSC remains to conclude. Of course, your UMAT score may be rather undesireable, but aside from that there is always hope (and will) that you get an interview place in January.

T

taketheredone

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Regarding the title of this thread, I don't think it is wise to assume that your application has failed so quickly, since even the HSC remains to conclude. Of course, your UMAT score may be rather undesireable, but aside from that there is always hope (and will) that you get an interview place in January.
Final date for registering stat is 21 November(for main round offers)....so wait till January maybe a little to late.
B.Pharmacy covers first year Chem and Biology, so at the end of 4 years if you still want to try out post grad medicine its pretty good course to do. Or, at the end of the B. Pharmacy degree ,you may not want to study post grad medicine anymore (or fail the GAMSAT test),100% employment rate for pharmacist sounds good to me.
Best wishes to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

qkrtjdxo

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
whats the uai for science at canberra?
B Science at UOC had a UAI cutoff of 73.00 last year.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I still don't like the idea of doing pharmacy is a backup for med, unless you would seriously enjoy the work of a pharmacist. Hence my post about waiting for med interview in January.

T

taketheredone

Originally posted by Lexicographer
I still don't like the idea of doing pharmacy is a backup for med, unless you would seriously enjoy the work of a pharmacist. Hence my post about waiting for med interview in January.
Well, it was just an example for ppls who wish to follow the "health care professional " career.
Anyway, good luck with your coming med interviews. You may not need other backup at all.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:) Thanks. But trust me, with the way I performed in my exams, I may just run right down my list to preference number 9.

sei

HSC
Originally posted by taketheredone
B.Pharmacy covers first year Chem and Biology, so at the end of 4 years if you still want to try out post grad medicine its pretty good course to do. Or, at the end of the B. Pharmacy degree ,you may not want to study post grad medicine anymore (or fail the GAMSAT test),100% employment rate for pharmacist sounds good to me.
So what if B.Pharm covers first year chem and bio? You can study that in a B.Science as well..and you can also finish a B.Sc quicker so that you can apply for postgrad med earlier, so the fact that you study chem and bio in first year seems like a pretty weak reason to do it. You are considering wasting a B.Pharm place -don't you realise that one of the reasons the employment rate is 100% is because of ppl like you who apply for it (and possible do the B.Pharm) without having your heart behind wanting to actually become a pharmacist?

T

taketheredone

Originally posted by sei
So what if B.Pharm covers first year chem and bio? You can study that in a B.Science as well..and you can also finish a B.Sc quicker so that you can apply for postgrad med earlier, so the fact that you study chem and bio in first year seems like a pretty weak reason to do it. You are considering wasting a B.Pharm place -don't you realise that one of the reasons the employment rate is 100% is because of ppl like you who apply for it (and possible do the B.Pharm) without having your heart behind wanting to actually become a pharmacist?
There is shortage of pharmacists and doctors , and if I could I would love to learn them both.
The University has little to do with the shortage of healthcare professional (doctor, pharmacist, nurse.....) (Have you heard of medical indemnity crisis? Are you going to blame those doctors who give up practicing medicine ?)
HSC is over,cheer up, and have a nice holiday.
:)

T

taketheredone

Re: you will be the laughing stock of both professions

Originally posted by gmraso
opinion to you and I'm sure the other 200 odd first year students and others will be do so also.
Do yourself and the community a favour and take up a Sci. course or take up B. Pharm and actually practice as a Pharmacist. You may not be aware that you cannot be a (registered and practising) doctor and pharmacist at the same time(it is a major conflict in interest with some in the past being "dispensing medical practioners" being bought before the Medical and Pharmacy Board and charge and/or there registerations being cancelled.
if I was you I'd seriously analyse this post, then myself and make a decision acoordingly. [/B]
Yeah, you are right, I might consider B. Nursing( am I serious ? I wonder) ........ now really,lighten up,and DON'T believe every messages ppl post on the net......its jungle out there, take care.

sei

HSC
Originally posted by taketheredone
The University has little to do with the shortage of healthcare professional (doctor, pharmacist, nurse.....) (Have you heard of medical indemnity crisis? Are you going to blame those doctors who give up practicing medicine ?)
HSC is over,cheer up, and have a nice holiday.
:)
the shortage of healthcare professionals was an issue before the medical indemnity crisis arose.. the doctors who have since given up practicing medicine because of this are not as many as you would be led to believe by the media, they just bring up whinging single cases and generalise from this (not to say that the situation isn't a bad one tho), and the 'crisis' is made out by the media to be the only cause of the shortage.

Thanks :) You have a nice holiday too.. goodluck getting into whatever it is that u end up wanting to do!:cool: (as long as its at UNSW!)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
gmraso did you steal tooheyz's avatar?

re above, the shortage for doctors is almost as severe as the shortage for pharmacists, and the people who snipe valuable UNSW interviews without the passion for medicine (eg Frigid) sicken ME. Not Frigid individually, I mean people who are only applying "for the experience" or "to see if [they] can get in".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)