• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fail!!!! (1 Viewer)

luckyduck

hey! is anyone failing std english?!

does it afect ur UAI dramatically??

or isert jsut the same as failing a other 2unit subject??

santaslayer

HSC
What do you mean by failing? If you are the only few who are failing then your're in a bit of strife, but if you are failing with your class then all is not lost because at the end of the day, only the rankings will be posted to UAC. :)

luckyduck

nope i'm not the only one filing english there are quite a few people liek 20 or so that are doing worse than me!
but still!
my rank is sooo bad man..
its like 59 out of 80 or sumfing! wel.. around there!
and i'm getting 46% average!!
this is the only subjeect i HATE the most!! why does it have to be counted! argh!
isert impossible to get 60% now?

TheHippo

HEh, i know what your talking about.
Not one person in my entire grade passed the std half-yearly english test.
I didn't study, nor do i attend class >90% of the time. But i got 20/51 for my exam rank and 14/51 for the course rank. Im do pretty good considering my effort =]

Are u sure they only send your rank to to UAC? So if i got 20% in my HSC, and came 2/51. That would be considered a good effort in my school, but compared to the rest of the state, is it a fail?
And do they send your HSC exam rank or Entire course rank to UAC ?

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i screwed my trials so my rank will go down. but im did ok in the assessments and the trial was only 15% unlike maths which is 40%, an exam that i also failed.

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
english standard drags Uai down badly just test it on SAM.

I Got a really funny class, around 20 students theres like 6 or 7 guys doing quite well but the rest got 0% - 30% for most of their exams and assesments. :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
how the hell can you fail standard?
ok, im guessing that sounded really harsh, and i didnt mean it to.

if you are failing as in getting less than 50%, then, yeah, your UAI wouldnt be too happy with you, but so long as you have attempted all the assessments and arent failing in that sense, then you will still get your HSC

SxC

HSC
Yeah im not really failing but im not going to well.... my mark is about 60% but from wat they tell me that is quite a good mark for standard english because its really hard to pass it for some reason

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
yeah i dont get it either, 60-80 sounds like a decent mark for eng std for some reason whereas in advanced people are expected to get 80-100. :confused:

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
fuk i should;ve picked advanced i got 89/100 for the exam and my journey section was 43/45 i beat every one in the advance classes, would doing standard have any effect on my uai even tho i do really well conpared to the advanced students for the journey section????????????????????

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
jam3s said:
fuk i should;ve picked advanced i got 89/100 for the exam and my journey section was 43/45 i beat every one in the advance classes, would doing standard have any effect on my uai even tho i do really well conpared to the advanced students for the journey section????????????????????
congrats on the badass mark

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
jam3s said:
If you do really well in Standard English, the scaling down will be very minimal. Scaling involves you in relation to the rest of the state. If the rest of the state does poorly, with majority between 60-70 and you do well with 83, then you will be scaled well (not as poorly), because you beat the majority of the state.

So, yes, Standard English will affect your UAI in one way or another. If you work hard, and do well, you should have no major problems with your UAI, although the closer you get to the "rest of the state", the worse things will get. (Correct me if im wrong on this anybody).

ThirdecheloN

damn, i think i'm the only one who failed english here. i got 37% in my trial, that really hurts my chances of getting average..... i suck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)