• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Failing All My Subjects (1 Viewer)

YOUEE

why am i failing all my subjects. i study so hard every single night for about 6 hours each day. and i still fail everything. WHY????
any tips or suggestions.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
its not abt studying hard, its abt studying smart. There are only 24 hrs, so u cant do everyhting..

- prioritise, what are ur weaknesses? study that subject first, a lot of ppplz tend to study subjects that they lyk....and the subject they lyk usually reqires least amount of work in contrast to the subjects that they dont lyk

- consolidate, do plenty of pratice papers etc. it is ptless if you study hrs end from various txtbooks and dont test urself. this is especially helpful for english.......i find doin praticie papers is better than summarising notes....with enlgish, because the range is so great, the process of summarising is really endless, hence just do praticies papers then you know which area u gotta work at.

- write dont type. when you do practice papers/essays, don't type them up, do them under exam condition. AFter a while, you will find ur ability to structre essays/answers under examination conditions will be better.

- use study cards. you can get those from newsagencies or u can get your little sisters/bros to cut them up for ya. If there is a particular method that is bugging you or if there is an error that u make on a frequent basis or if you just want to memorisie formulas then write them on these cards. when you go out, shove a couple in your pocket. Read them on buses/trains/when ur bored. With these cards, you gotta be general, don't write specific questions on them, otherwise you will end up with wayyyy too many cards which will lead to info overload and hence it mgiht turn u off from studying...

- stickies and charts. this is sorta similar to the sstudy cards, but i do them on sticki post-its, i have them all over the house, i spend a lot of tiem eating, hence its all over the fridge and the pantry. i also have them front of my mirror (so i can look at them when i do my hair in the morning), and u can also have them behind toilet doors or whereever so u dont waste time..hhaha

- mind maps. To help you to stay focus on the big picture nad not nitty gritty details, do a mind map for each topic. So maths for example, with each topic i have a chart, and each mind map has branches of only the important things eg: formulas and methods.

- summarise your notes. don't make 50-page notes and by the end of making it you would have wasted a lot of time and you would be overwelmed by the amoutn of information and hence will not look at it again. Basically keep on summarisign your notes (write them up, don't type), after 2 times, you will find that you would have rmemberd the majority of it.

- teach someone. get your sisters/brothers/paretns/beginners and teach what you have learnt to them. Reading is only 10% effective in terms of consolidating your info, in contrast, teaching it to someone is 85% effective. When you find yourself dunnot how to teach someone, then work on it, becuase if you cant teach somone, how can you show the examiner u have the knowledge in an exam situation?

- external help, get ur teacher to go thru ur exam papers etc. After knowing where u went wrong, you should redo that essay/quesiton and hnd it bk to her.

- be drastic, i am really bad at studying cuz i have short attention spam, always going to the kitchen and wants to listen to music at times. so what i do is i get my parents to lock the study when i am in it, they will open it after 1 hr, i take a break for abt 10 minz, then i get bk in. i know it is really drastic, but sometimes i relaly do need it, and it works, so its all good.

hope these tips help! :p

truly

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Make sure you actually do know what you are writing.

When you summarise dot points make sure that instead of thinking 'yeah i finished the dot point' think whether you actually understood it as well as what type of questions can arise from i.

Benno

HSC
geez thats some very good shit truly-in-bliss, thx

Winston

HSC
sometimes u gotta really understand the logic behind things and how do to do things, how things can be asked, theres no use just storing information in ur brain, if the question in the exam will be worded differently and u need to answer it differently

kow_dude

HSC
failing even with 6 hours study a day? that's impossible

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss

- be drastic, i am really bad at studying cuz i have short attention spam, always going to the kitchen and wants to listen to music at times. so what i do is i get my parents to lock the study when i am in it, they will open it after 1 hr, i take a break for abt 10 minz, then i get bk in. i know it is really drastic, but sometimes i relaly do need it, and it works, so its all good.

hope these tips help! :p

truly
How about if you want to go to the toilet?

Do you piss in your pants ?? :rolleyes: haha, no wonder you stink :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
1 hour shouldn't be long to hold in considering you'd be stupid not to go to the toilet beforehand :)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
1 hour shouldn't be long to hold in considering you'd be stupid not to go to the toilet beforehand :)

blimey.. failing to go to the toilet

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
no one can predict, when you will bust ewwwwww

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, if you're failing all your subjects, heed the above advice and make the most of the time you have left. That's about it... :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by YOUEE
why am i failing all my subjects. i study so hard every single night for about 6 hours each day. and i still fail everything. WHY????
any tips or suggestions.

quit...

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Make sure you understand what you have learnt. Do a summary in your head just before you go to sleep.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
god seriously 6 hours a day :eek: :eek:

i don't think even Uni people study that much, shit man i feel ya, thats bad

dont give up yet

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
god seriously 6 hours a day :eek: :eek:

i don't think even Uni people study that much, shit man i feel ya, thats bad

dont give up yet
lol....heed my advice and go neck yourself

d1ngo

Enjoying a Moosey Fate...
HSC
I would have to agree with AsyLum... if u ARE failing all your subjects... maybe u shouldn't be at school... or maybe even alive...

u sound like an excellent excuse for a suicide case...

i know if i was you id've popped multiple thousands of pills and drank alcohol to further increase my chances of death... :)

Have a nice day now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)