• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Failing classmates (1 Viewer)

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
okay so maybe you guys have been asked this millions of times, but i cant find the information elsewhere...

In regards to ranking & UAI scaling..
If you are in a really dumb school of like 50 people in the grade, most of whom dont even care about school (who get 0-10% in assessments/exams etc), and your marks are averaging around the 80's & 90's, do you get pulled down with them in your UAI and ultimately suffer because of the people youre schooling with?
i just dont know how it works, my teacher tried explaining it to the class but its confused the hell out of me, its seems so complicated and unfair. Im heaps worried. I tried reading the info on it on boredofstudies website & the Board of studies website aswell, but it just confuses me more.. i kinda just need a simple yes or no answer lol.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
The only thing I'm 100% certain of is that your HSC assesment mark could be affected. Say you rank first for English in your school based results, and the top HSC exam result for your school was 95%, then you'd recieve that as your assessment mark.

So as long as you're ranked up the top of your year and there's a few people who acheive high results then hopefully you'll be fine.

Sorry if that made no sense at all (it probably didn't), I suck at explaining things at 1:30 am :)

Riona

Pfeffernuesse?
HSC
If you're consistently coming in with the top mark 100% of the time, then no. Don't worry about it.

I have seriously have had countless UAI letures from various teachers in year 12, so the subject is sure to come up again.

P

pLuvia

Marks don't matter only the ranks do, aim for first place and you should be fine

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah, aim for first (or at least top 3!) if your cohort is that bad. if YOU do well and you're ranked up there, you'll do fine. most of my year was shithouse at english, with a few exceptions, but coz i managed a high rank (2nd) i did fine in the hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)